Sovereignty: Crown of Kings enters Early Access

Started by Lord Zimoa, March 31, 2015, 10:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

I read the manual, and the game mechanics look simple but very interesting.  I'll be curious to see what kind of responses it gets from reviewers after it hits production.

Steelgrave

I love the map. Very "Conan"esque. Reminds me of every really good fantasy game I've played.

Boggit

The beauty is that the game is early access. Within reason, there is opportunity for Tim and his team to take on board player comment and add to the game.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Steelgrave

After reading the early access manual (something I seldom do...I generally wait til I'm stuck in the game somewhere) this is a certain purchase for me. Seems to be a very well thought out fantasy universe. If it runs have as good as it looks it could be awesome.

Gusington

You are all tawdry wanting gaming temptresses.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

^I just want her to look good in the morning, when I've sobered up!

Gusington

That's not necessary for me...feeling good and looking good enough right now is...well...enough :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

tgb

I forgot I will be traveling for work the second part of the week and may not have access to a computer until I get home Friday night.  I'll try to answer what I can from the road, but if I don't post much, that's why.  If y'all are really waiting on me, you may have to be patient an extra couple of days.

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Argh!  Having now watched part of that stream video on YouTube, I'm anticipating this game in a big way again.  Looks like they've definitely improved on what I played around with last year...and I already liked what I saw then.  8) 

Quote from: Steelgrave on April 03, 2015, 10:38:30 AM
I love the map. Very "Conan"esque. Reminds me of every really good fantasy game I've played.
Same here.  I'm a sucker for a good map, and I have to admit Sovereignty's was one of the things that really drew me to it. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

Sovereignty's map reminds me of some old tabletop fantasy wargame maps from the 80s.  Don't recall which, but that's the vibe I get.  ^-^

I'm hesitant about getting too hyped yet because the game mechanics don't look terribly involved.  Fortunately the strength of this one seems to lie in each faction being very different, and there being quite a few.  Which is always great.  O0

Martok

It's got (the fantasy equivalents of) Vikings, Mongols, a naval-supreme Britain, the Byzantine Empire, and even a frickin' pirate nation.  That's in addition to your mandatory Orcs, Dwarves, Undead, and Elves (multiple varieties of each).  What's not to love??!  :smitten: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Steelgrave

Quote from: Martok on April 07, 2015, 03:08:31 PM
It's got (the fantasy equivalents of) Vikings, Mongols, a naval-supreme Britain, the Byzantine Empire, and even a frickin' pirate nation.  That's in addition to your mandatory Orcs, Dwarves, Undead, and Elves (multiple varieties of each).  What's not to love??!  :smitten:

Stop it, you tease!!! I can't wait to play this!