Main Menu

That Which Sleeps

Started by Greybriar, October 22, 2014, 08:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlickJax

I backed it, dont think i will back anymore

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Greybriar on January 25, 2017, 01:40:20 PM
Quote from: FlickJax on January 25, 2017, 11:06:54 AM
Oh My god an update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingdinosaurgames/that-which-sleeps/posts/1791571?ref=backer_project_update

Yes, I got an email with the same information.

Are we getting snowed?

I'm chilly until proven otherwise. As far as I'm concerned, the update sounded overly-optimistic when compared to recent negative press, kind of a "move along, nothing to see here" tone. We're not getting our money back so I'll keep my fingers crossed for a finished product, but I remain skeptical for now.

Nefaro

Reading between the lines on the update gobbledygook makes it sound like some of it had to be dumbed down to eliminate bugs.   ???

Steelgrave

^Yeah, I caught a whiff of "perhaps we were too ambitious" in the message myself.

joram

I agree with that sentiment.  Despite the obvious scale back in scope, I still think there is going to be a unique and interesting game in there.

Nefaro

It still lives?!   :o

New mechanics vids.  <:-)

Tpek

Who knows, maybe it will actually get released some day.

Greybriar

The last email update I received about That Which Sleeps was on 20 November 2017. It reads:

"That Which Sleeps
Posted by King Dinosaur Games (Creator)

Going forward I will be posting a video every week until release, please keep your eyes on the YouTube channel for updates as I move forward.  I understand the healthy skepticism you may feel towards that statement and respect it.

I apologize for the silence - I haven't dealt with the defects both in development and in design in a respectful or professional manner.  I've essentially put four years of my life into this game and the setbacks that recur have felt crippling at times and I turn inward as a coping method. 

The game is in a good state - it's complex, polished, and rich with content.  I'll be working hard to get it out to you as soon as possible.

Design wise obviously a lot of things have changed.  The major changes have been gating challenges behind Local Assets and with Profile being fluid.  I'll write up a full description of the mechanics and the implications they create/solve in the next update"

I haven't been following King Dinosaur Games' YouTube channel in search of more recent videos.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Huw the Poo

Holy shit, I'd completely written this off!  I really hope it gets released.

Yskonyn

Never heard of this game before now, but reading up on the history of development (or lack thereof) it seems to me they already informed everyone duely of what it would be and what their intentions were right from day one with the title of the game!  ;D ;D
Its your own fault you fell for its materialistic lure by looking at pretty shiny pictures!  :dreamer:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Boggit

Just got this email from Sauron about the game "That which sleeps". Still in development and awaiting Steam Greenlight, it looks very intriguing. :bd:

As Sauron put it :

A game worthy of me! >:D

That Which Sleeps
http://www.kingdinosaurgames.com/

"That Which Sleeps is a turn-based PC game which allows the player the chance to assume the role of an
awakening evil power which must manipulate the world from the shadows in order to weaken it for his return.
Utilize a variety of nefarious agents, battle it out against meddlesome heroes, and corrupt the leaders of the
world all while deceiving the world into thinking that everything is status quo."

Conceptually, it sounds a bit like the game Plague Evolved - lay low and strike when you're powerful.

That Which Sleeps - Agents, Powers, and Challenges

That Which Sleeps - Attributes and Mechanics I

That Which Sleeps - Attributes and Mechanics II
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

SirAndrewD

Original discussion was here. 

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11515.msg600113#msg600113

Stopped following around the accusation of fraud by the community stage. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Ian C

Please Delete.