Main Menu

That Which Sleeps

Started by Greybriar, October 22, 2014, 08:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

Dammit! When I saw someone had posted in this thread I assumed it was to say that early access was finally available! This is the first PC game, probably in a few years, that will be a day one purchase for me.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Huw the Poo

They're a couple of months from early access, apparently, unless you were a backer.

Tpek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 21, 2015, 12:29:12 PM
They're a couple of months from early access, apparently, unless you were a backer.

I'm a backer. But the cost for the beta tier was too high (and honestly, I've got too much to go with betas right now anyway).

Boggit

It looks good. :)

The catch line "That Which Sleeps" did get me thinking - what has my cat got to do with a computer game...? ;D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

Preview of game setup, some of the 'Old Ones' available to play, and tidbits.

Bonus points for King Of Dragon Pass reference.

Hopefully the next vid, with the first bit of gameplay, will be up before long.  :)

tgb

This is easily my most anticipated game of 2016.  The second this goes live I will be on it like Bill Cosby on...on...just about anyone, I guess.

Nefaro

Quote from: tgb on October 02, 2015, 07:34:12 PM
This is easily my most anticipated game of 2016. 

... or 2017?  :P

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on October 02, 2015, 10:04:23 PM

Oh Great Old Ones no!
I didn't bother to keep much track of the development, but please tell me they're still planning to release next year.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on October 03, 2015, 03:48:29 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 02, 2015, 10:04:23 PM

Oh Great Old Ones no!
I didn't bother to keep much track of the development, but please tell me they're still planning to release next year.

AFAIK, it's going to be released end of this year or early next year. 

I was joking about their original flawed & far too optimistic target date in the Kickstarter.  Which was something like August 2015.  ;D

Nefaro

New vid showing some map UI info and some agent options.

Xtiaan72

Great vid. Really looking forward to this one.

Tpek

I might as well necro this thread.

Doesn't look like this game will ever come out.
The KS comments page is full of rage and people calling out to complain to the FTC and such.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingdinosaurgames/that-which-sleeps/comments

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on January 16, 2017, 04:33:01 PM
I might as well necro this thread.

Doesn't look like this game will ever come out.
The KS comments page is full of rage and people calling out to complain to the FTC and such.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingdinosaurgames/that-which-sleeps/comments

AFAICT, the two guys creating it had some kind of fallout.   

Last I checked, one of them proclaimed his intention of continuing work on it.  But that's in dispute, if not for authenticity then some kind of possible legal battle between the two running it.

Ahhhh Kickstarter.   ::)

Greybriar

According to this, those who backed That Which Sleeps were duped. >:(
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

PAK

Geez, I was on the verge of backing it, back in the 2014...