Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by son_of_montfort, December 19, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Interesting sword fighting video....looking nice.  This just reminded me I picked the alpha up awhile ago and really haven't been tracking it much since was pretty raw early on...will have to fire this up again.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/17/kingdom-come-deliverance-combat/

Jarhead0331

I'm torn between contributing to this early access title or Heavy Gear Assault. What to do, what to do...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jomni

I love the big battles. But It seems to be heavily story based and has that grind factor which I don't like. No strategic element as well. What about multiplayer?

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 17, 2015, 08:28:37 AM
I'm torn between contributing to this early access title or Heavy Gear Assault. What to do, what to do...

you know youll do both

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 17, 2015, 09:35:46 AM

you know youll do both

Eventually, yes. But the price of EA on these two is not cheap and I'm not convinced that there is enough there in the early alpha states to justify the cost.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

me personally, id do this one - not a mech guy, but i know you love the robots

Greybriar

What's this about "The Game is split up into 3 Acts?" and "It's actually 550 dollars to get all 3 acts you get 2 acts with 220 pledge."

No way in hell am I paying $550 for a game. I refuse to even pay $220! :o
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Greybriar on August 17, 2015, 12:44:16 PM
What's this about "The Game is split up into 3 Acts?" and "It's actually 550 dollars to get all 3 acts you get 2 acts with 220 pledge."

No way in hell am I paying $550 for a game. I refuse to even pay $220! :o

That doesn't even make mathematical sense - you can get Act I (with Alpha and Beta access) for $49.99. How the heck did they get $550 for the other two acts? Are they $250 each!?

To be honest, paying for future acts sounds like a bad move anyway. If I were to back it, I would only go for Act I, because if this is not a critical and financial success, those other two acts are never going to see the light of day.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Grim.Reaper

I haven't played the latest version much but the prior version was somewhat limited that did not keep my attention.  I more purchased with the assumption that as it got closer more stuff would come so might as well buy now.  I'll have to give it a go again in the next few days to see if anything major added since.

Toonces

Toonces don't do $50 pre-releases.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Still haven't played the alpha/beta much, but looks like I'll have more time...seems like delayed release until sometime in 2017....was supposed to come out this summer.

http://wccftech.com/realistic-medieval-rpg-kingdom-deliverance-postponed-2017/#ixzz49U6N3dd6

Raied

Seems like it will be released around the same time of M&B2 release maybe.

glen55

I need to save up for the Idris-M package of Star Citizen.  Only $10K!   O0
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

jomni

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."