It's Friday...what are you drinking while you game?

Started by Toonces, October 19, 2012, 11:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Why not a complimentary thread on the liquid that fuels our weekend gaming?

I have 6 assorted beers left over from the last few weeks- a couple of Shock Top wheat sampler beers (wheat IPA and Belgian wheat) as well as a Sam Adams East-West Grolsh.  I'm going to have two-three of those, and then dig in to some Jameson Irish Whiskey.

I've been trying to develop a taste for Scotch, lately, but I'm not really sure how to start.  Like, I know I can acquire a taste for it if I start drinking it, but my pallette is completely novice.

Anyway, I got lots of surfing in the last few days and the Pacific is going to sleep tomorrow, so no sense in holding back tonight!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

Jamesons here too. Started out with pomegranate juice and went onto Irish once junior was in bed.... Scotch gives me headache long before I've had enough to make a hangover - it just doesn't like me - Japanese all good, welsh good, scotch not so good. There's nothing like sipping a good drink whilst plotting evil deeds.... I think spirits lend themselves well to TBS

bob48

I'm sure there are a couple of bottles of Becks tucked away somewhere, if not, we have serveral brands of single malt on hand for emergencies.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

The Weekend started off with a couple of LongTrail Ales from Vermont. Good stuff  :)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

Man, that Jamesons goes down sssmmoooooooooooth.  Too smooth.  I am paying the price today...LOL. 8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Bison

Coffee and water.  Yeah.  I'm just that exciting.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I started playing Risen 2, which has a pirate theme so I'm getting stuck into the spiced rum.

Toonces

Last night was incredibly tame by my standards, a couple of beers from a Dos X sampler pack.

I might not even drink tonight, depending on what the surf forecast says for Sunday.  However, just in case I still have half a bottle of Jamesons and also a huge jug of Captain Morgan's spiced rum.  I really love Capt. Morgan's!

Steelgrave

Last night it was Grolsch beer with Crown Royal Reserve shots. But taking it easy, since the objective is gaming, ha!

W8taminute

I'm drinking Dunkin Donuts coffee and later I'm gonna have some Goya grape soda.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bob48

'Clip those corners'

W8taminute

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 28, 2012, 12:24:35 AM
that grape soda will turn your shit green!

By golly it does.  I always wondered why I sometimes will shat green.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

LongBlade

Quote from: W8taminute on October 28, 2012, 10:38:03 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 28, 2012, 12:24:35 AM
that grape soda will turn your shit green!

By golly it does.  I always wondered why I sometimes will shat green.

Starfury, Keeper of Knowledge.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.