Pipe bombs sent to Hillary Clinton, Obama, and others

Started by Ubercat, October 24, 2018, 02:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Yskonyn

Yeah it made the eight o clock news here as well.
Hopefully they are able to intercept every bomb! Great work has been done by the Secret Service and everyone involved being alert as they were in the transport chain.  :bd:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

This country is a powder keg waiting for a spark.
When dongles fly? - mirth

JasonPratt

A lot of weirdities in the information released about the bombs so far. Why, it's impossible to tell yet, though there are lots of interesting guesses (which I won't get into).

Whoever did this, it would be almost professionally impossible not to get caught.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

The conversion van of the suspect sure looks batshit political-crazy!

Kind of hard to make out details on the van, but I'm sure the internet will get right on that job.  O:-)

(My basic squinty-ness suggests his van is papered with anti-Democrat propaganda, though.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

The van has been covered with a blue tarp now. Probably for the best, but the internet has enough to work with for now.  :nerd:

steve58

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/what-we-know-about-the-man-arrested-for-sending-package-bombs/860337758

Here's what various media outlets are reporting about the man arrested in connection with sending suspicious packages.

He has a criminal history.
He has an Aventura, Florida, address. Aventura is about 20 miles from Miami, and about the same distance from Plantation.
He has some ties to New York.
The arrest happened without incident.
He was arrested at an Auto Zone car parts store.
A white van was taken from in front of the Auto Zone in Plantation Friday morning.
12 devices were intercepted, none of them were detonated.

Link has a pic of him too...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

Suspect named as Cesar Sayoc.

That was on Oct 13th, 2016 btw.

JasonPratt

I don't have a clear snapshot to post yet (watching delayed live occasionally), but one part of the guy's van features a mishmash of pro-Trump/Republican, and anti-Democrat photos some of which have crosshairs on them.

Worth noting that while he's a suspect, they haven't charged him exactly yet with anything (or if so, I'm running a little behind).

JasonPratt

This is the main photo circulating around the net right now.

This article at the Sun Sentinel shows the passenger front window more clearly: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/fl-ne-sayoc-van-pictures-20181026-story.html

More photos showing up on Twitter.

One part of my brain is admittedly going, "That's an orgy of evidence. Do you know how many orgies I had, back when I was working homicide?"

Another part is going, "Crazy people do in fact expel orgies of evidence sometimes."

JasonPratt

Sayoc is being charged as the perpetrator of the bomb sending. The charges treat the bombs as legitimate and not hoaxes, although I notice that the terminology being used does technically leave the possibility open that he didn't intend for the devices to actually explode.

JasonPratt

Apparently (I am very intentionally emphasizing this, so take it with a grain of salt), this is Sayoc's Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/hardrock2016/following

Specifically, the list of other accounts he was following.

Staggerwing

Maybe we should not give this nutbag's backstory so much oxygen. Let it go before some other nutbag decides to copycat, this time with live wires.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys