Outlaw King - Robert the Bruce. Coming to theatres Nov and Netflix. Looks ok.

Started by Destraex, August 20, 2018, 09:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Perhaps this will be better than Braveheart? A new series on Robert the Bruce. The question really is whether the kilts will be werrn. Actually it does not look too bad. Will Chris Pine do braveheart speeches though? Will He!!! Will they take your FREEEDOM. The guy that plays HAMISH or his equivalent looks a little light for a giant though! What say ye lads and laddies? (and ladies).
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sir Slash

I'm in! Can't find my kilt so I'll rip down the curtains and wear them over my loins instead.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Looks pretty good.   As a teenager that was going into History teaching, talking about William Wallace got me laid a lot in the 17-21 years with girls that were obsessed with the Braveheart story.   But man the movie was badly historically inaccurate. 

Interested to see if this will remedy it.   I like Chris Pine, dude has some good screen presence.  I'm in.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

bbmike

Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 20, 2018, 11:30:13 PM
Looks pretty good.   As a teenager that was going into History teaching, talking about William Wallace got me laid a lot in the 17-21 years with girls that were obsessed with the Braveheart story.   But man the movie was badly historically inaccurate. 

Interested to see if this will remedy it.   I like Chris Pine, dude has some good screen presence.  I'm in.

Now, now. It was just as accurate as what was in The Patriot.  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

Oh no but now he won't be in Stark Elven fourrrrrrr.

I can live with that, I guess, if I must.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Braveheart got me some action too. I used to tell all the girls I was Mel Gibson's stand-in for the kilt scene.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: bbmike on August 21, 2018, 06:37:59 AM

Now, now. It was just as accurate as what was in The Patriot.  ::)

There aren't enough vomit emoji's in the world for The Patriot.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

bob48

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 21, 2018, 09:28:56 AM
Braveheart got me some action too. I used to tell all the girls I was Mel Gibson's stand-in for the kilt scene.  ::)
...as the sporran?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

No, I told them I was the guy that got shot in the ass with an arrow. Then they want to see the scar.... ::)    No women in my household ever knew there was such a thing as a 'pause' button on a VCR before that scene.

bob48

'Clip those corners'

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

bob48

No, but I live about 30-odd miles from the Scottish Border and only 120 miles from Edinburgh  ;D

'Clip those corners'

Sir Slash