IHOP is now IHOb

Started by mirth, June 11, 2018, 09:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on June 12, 2018, 07:01:40 PM
they refused to serve me.

Were you past your 'serve by' date?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

To be perfectly honest...it was because of racism, pure and simple.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on June 12, 2018, 07:35:29 PM

Not tall enough to reach the counter to order and no one would get you a stool?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Staggerwing

That is messed up.  >:(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

The one Waffle House I ever went in to was gross.  Never been to another one.  Always look for Cracker Barrel.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

Cracker Barrel in NJ sucks. I would advise against it.

Waffle House coffee at 3am when you are driving cross country is great. Beyond that I wouldn't really know.
Insert witty comment here.

Dammit Carl!

This seems another dumb thing in a year already filled to the brim with dumb things.

Good gravy.

Gusington

Thank you 'Wing. I would feel worse about it if the food was beloved but you guys don't really sound too enthusiastic. So f'em.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Hey, let's step away from the thing we're known for and hop into a very crowded pool where we have no brand recognition! This plan can't possibly fail!

mirth

I love it when a plan comes together.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on June 13, 2018, 12:47:04 PM
Thank you 'Wing. I would feel worse about it if the food was beloved but you guys don't really sound too enthusiastic. So f'em.

Actually I love Waffle House, and I always have (though as noted the cleanliness varies. Largely due to the clientele, which tends to be outdoor-work guys on the road.) One of the few benefits of my first job out of college, was that it had a WH next door where we could get waffles and ham for a waffle-ham sandwich every night!  :smitten:

Naturally, Cracker Barrel is superior in every way. Arguably IHOP, too.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 12, 2018, 09:40:36 PM

That is messed up.  >:(

Agreed. I don't understand that, but WH employees tend to be on the rougher end of the social scale so maybe that explains it.  >:(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

besilarius

For some folks, being in the south means grits for breakfast.
Maybe IHOP should have been more inclusive and changed their name to International House of Grits?
IHOG?

If it took off, the competition would be intense.  A new firm could arise, the Universal House of Grits.
The ad campaigns could tout the advantage of IHOG versus UHOG.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

BanzaiCat

I've lived south of the Mason-Dixon Line for probably 90% of my life and I've never had to deal with grits. Maybe once my grandmother made it and I recall thinking, "eh, what's the big deal?"

Now, my grandmother...hoo boy did she LOVE grits.