Strategic Command Classic competition

Started by Boggit, May 08, 2018, 03:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

NECROTHREAD, ARIIISS... wait, it isn't dead yet?

I blame me.

...for it being almost dead. Not for it being not dead yet.

It's getting better.

Anyway. Shell and I are on Turn 47 or something like that, and the End is surely Nigh. Should be finishing up soon.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Boggit

I thought I'd look in to see if there was anything to update, but it seems almost everyone is away on their hols. :)

@Jason and Shell
Good to see things are moving along. I hope you're enjoying the games? \m/
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

Well, one of us is for sure. The other is enjoying planning for the rematch.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Shelldrake

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 21, 2018, 11:19:29 AM
Well, one of us is for sure. The other is enjoying planning for the rematch.  >:D

After a bleak start for the Soviets (I can't count the number of armies/corps destroyed in the German offensive) the shoe is on the other foot now. :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Millipede

Quote from: Shelldrake on August 21, 2018, 03:18:12 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on August 21, 2018, 11:19:29 AM

After a bleak start for the Soviets (I can't count the number of armies/corps destroyed in the German offensive) the shoe is on the other foot now. :)

If you've (the Soviets) managed to make it through the winter of '41, the Germans are in deep poo poo. :knuppel2:

JasonPratt

Quote from: Millipede on August 21, 2018, 06:53:40 PM
If you've (the Soviets) managed to make it through to the winter of '41, the Germans are in deep poo poo. :knuppel2:

Upgraded for accuracy. Quoted for truth.  :hide:

JasonPratt

At this point, while I've got a nice defensive line set up on my North Front, Shelldrake has effectively flanked it at least three levels deep, and can take my backfield with impunity. I have no way to protect Berlin, so to save time I'm going to tip the king and concede a full win to Shell.

Are we supposed to do best two out of three now? Because I'm willing to try again as the Nazis, in the perennial puzzle of how to win Barbarossa.  O:-)

Boggit

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 23, 2018, 06:43:24 PM
Are we supposed to do best two out of three now? Because I'm willing to try again as the Nazis, in the perennial puzzle of how to win Barbarossa.  O:-)
Not really.

For the purpose of the competition, the consensus was that we do mirror games to eliminate the possibility of bias due to the relative weakness of one side to the other adversely affecting a player's score.

Obviously, if you and Shelldrake want to play the scenario again that is entirely up to you (and I hope you have a lot of fun with it). O0

However, I must keep the original scores posted here because to do otherwise is potentially unfair to the other players.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

Certainly the original score must be posted. I just didn't know what we were supposed to do next.

...which, I guess I still don't know.  :-\

Millipede

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 24, 2018, 01:50:27 PM
Certainly the original score must be posted. I just didn't know what we were supposed to do next.

...which, I guess I still don't know.  :-\

If you're wondering who plays who in which scenario... post #137 has the lineup.

JasonPratt

Ah, right, been a while since I saw that, forgot it existed:

JasonPratt (Soviet) vs Yskonyn (Allies) -- Stalin Drives West

Millipede

Hmmm... That will be interesting especially since I get the same scenario against Yskonyn as the Soviets when you guys are through.

JasonPratt

Also, maybe now I can properly remind myself to continue with the start of our awesome Red Thunder randomly generated scenario that we started playing, gosh, was it last year?? The first shot was just fired!! -- and then I got distracted by other shiny things and never got back to it.

Boggit

Congrats to Iudi1867 (now in second place) and commiserations to Cyrano on the latest result!

Round 1
Weapons and Warfare - 1941-45 Battle for Russia

Millipede (Axis) = 3
Nelmsm (Soviet) =1
Cyrano (Axis) = 1
Iudi1867 (Soviet) = 3
Ethel the Frog (Axis) = 0
Yskonyn (Soviet) = 0
Father Ted (Axis) = 0
Anguille (Soviet) = 0
JasonPratt (Axis) = 0
Shelldrake (Soviet) = 0

Round 2
Patton Drives East - Stalin Drives West

Millipede (Soviet) = 6
Iudi1867 (Allies) = 1
Father Ted (Soviet) = 0
Shelldrake (Allies) = 0
Ethel the Frog (Soviet) = 0
Nelmsm (Allies) =0
JasonPratt (Soviet) = 0
Yskonyn (Allies) = 0
Cyrano (Allies) = 0
Anguille (Soviet) = 0

Round 3
Pacific Theater - 1944-45 Philippines

Shelldrake (Allies) = 5
Iudi1867 (Imperial Japan) = 1
Ethel the Frog (Allies) = 0
Father Ted (Imperial Japan) = 0
Cyrano (Allies) = 0
JasonPratt (Imperial Japan) = 0
Nelmsm (Allies) =0
Yskonyn (Imperial Japan) = 0
Anguille (Allies) = 1
Millipede (Imperial Japan) = 5

Round 4

Shelldrake (Axis) = 0
Ethel the Frog (Soviet) = 0
Anguille (Axis) = 0
JasonPratt (Soviet) = 0
Yskonyn (Axis) = 0
Cyrano (Soviet) = 0
Nelmsm (Axis) = 0
Father Ted  (Soviet) = 0
Iudi1867(Axis) = 1
Millipede (Soviet) = 3

Round 5

Yskonyn (Soviet) = 0
Millipede(Allies) = 0
Iudi1867 (Soviet) = 0
Father Ted (Allies) = 0
Cyrano (Soviet) = 0
Ethel the Frog (Allies) = 0
Shelldrake (Soviet) = 0
JasonPratt (Allies) = 0
Nelmsm (Soviet) = 0
Anguille (Allies) = 0

Round 6

JasonPratt (Allies) = 0
Ethel the Frog (Imperial Japan) = 0
Father Ted  (Allies) = 0
Cyrano (Imperial Japan) = 0
Anguille (Allies) = 0
Shelldrake (Imperial Japan) = 0
Iudi1867 (Allies) = 0
Nelmsm (Imperial Japan) = 0
Yskonyn (Allies) = 0
Millipede (Imperial Japan) = 0

Overall Score

Millipede = 17
Iudi1867 = 6
Shelldrake = 5
Anguille = 1
Nelmsm =1
Cyrano = 1
Ethel the Frog = 0
Yskonyn = 0
Father Ted = 0
JasonPratt = 0

Scoring values

Round 1/4
Victory = 3 points
Draw=2 points
Loss=1 point

Round 2/5
Soviet Decisive Victory = 6 points
Soviet Major Victory = 5 points
Soviet Minor Victory = 4 points
Allied Major Victory = 5 points
Allied Minor Victory = 4 points
Draw = 2 points Soviet, 3 points Allied
Loss = 1 point

Round 3/6
Japanese Major Victory = 5 points
Allied Major Victory = 5 points
Allied Minor Victory = 4 points
Draw = 2 points Allied, 3 Points Japanese
Loss 1 point

Boggit

Are you guys happy to play this competition at your own pace, or do you want me to enforce any cut offs to speed up the competition?

If you're happy as you are then we can leave things as they are. I really don't mind so long as you're all happy. Let me know your thoughts. :)