Jurassic World Evolution

Started by Grim.Reaper, March 30, 2018, 05:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Didn't think this one would grab me, but looking at the details has me kind of interested.....park management game but combined with Jurassic setting.  Probably too good to be true and will stink:)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/648350/Jurassic_World_Evolution/

Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQAY5iLgUVo

jamus34

The cynic in me cannot think anything beyond cashgrab.

I might be more open to the concept if they specifically didn't try to tie it to JP/JW metaverse.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

I had a lot of fun with the JP: Operation Genesis, back in the day: the same idea but an older game, which this is effectively remaking. Fans continue to keep an update/patch/upgrade to the old game going on newer systems, too, but I just couldn't get back into it when I booted it up recently.

I have reasonable hopes for this. Even though Jeff Goldblum could hardly sound less excited when doing a promotion for his voice-acting work in it. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Geezer

Sounds boring.  I mean what could possible go wrong trying to manage a park full of man eating dinosaurs...   ::)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Yskonyn

I am a tiny bit concerned it will be a reskin of Planet Coaster. Then again, that game is glorious!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

It does looks beautiful, but that's alot of cash
Alba gu' brath

Zulu1966

Quote from: Geezer on March 30, 2018, 07:12:08 PM
Sounds boring.  I mean what could possible go wrong trying to manage a park full of man eating dinosaurs...   ::)

Lol. Good one. On a more serious note not sure the game models that...the description attached to the game talks a lot about bio engineering dinosaurs which sounds pretty dull, but nothing about managing things when they escape and start killing people which.might not be dull depending how they did it.

I don't think given the.lilely genesis of the developers dinosaurs eating things is on the radar.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Grim.Reaper

Out tomorrow...seen some of the reviews and most seems to indicate a "simple" experience...I never pre ordered so I will take a wait and see approach now.

Jarhead0331

^RPS did NOT like it. Not enough transgender or LGBTQ identifying dinosaurs.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 11, 2018, 04:20:48 PM
^RPS did NOT like it. Not enough transgender or LGBTQ identifying dinosaurs.

:)

It's a shame though, was hoping it would turn out good....

Jarhead0331

It confuses me that the developer of Elite: Dangerous has become primarily a maker of theme park games. Bizarre.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

So when you gonna do the review for us, Jarhead?   8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on June 11, 2018, 04:40:27 PM

I will get it eventually, I'm sure, because the dinos are supposedly very cool, and who doesn't like dinosaurs? But like you said, 60 clams!? No way.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 11, 2018, 04:56:45 PM
Quote from: Toonces on June 11, 2018, 04:40:27 PM

I will get it eventually, I'm sure, because the dinos are supposedly very cool, and who doesn't like dinosaurs? But like you said, 60 clams!? No way.

Yep, that is where I am at.....likely will need to be in the $20's for me to bite.....