Is anyone on these boards a vegan?

Started by JudgeDredd, February 09, 2018, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Maybe a daft question...but a serious one
Alba gu' brath

mirth

25 years as vegetarian, but I am not a vegan. I don't eat meat of any kind but I do eat eggs and dairy products. The technical term for my form of vegetarianism is "lacto-ovo vegetarian".

Veganism is more than just a diet. It's a lifestyle philosophy. Vegans don't eat honey. They don't use products containing beeswax. They don't wear anything that is made from animal hides, etc.

I have a great deal of respect for vegans, but I like cheese way to much to become a vegan.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

Cool. Thanks Mirth.

I don't know how "vegan" I'll be. I don't know how long I'll be vegan. It may even turn into vegetarianism. I might give up. Who knows.

50 years old, I've been naively hiding away from how animals are treated to feed and cloth me. I've recently looked into it (my daughter is vegan and has mentioned things here and there) and I was disgusted with what I found  :'(

I certainly am not and would not judge anyone for who they are or how they are. But I don't want to put money into that industry. Like I said though - I'm 50 years a meat eater - so I have no idea how this is going to pan out  :-"

Wish me luck
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

Can I tell you a vegan joke? I promise it won't be cheesy. ^-^

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

mirth

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 09, 2018, 10:22:56 AM
Cool. Thanks Mirth.

I don't know how "vegan" I'll be. I don't know how long I'll be vegan. It may even turn into vegetarianism. I might give up. Who knows.

50 years old, I've been naively hiding away from how animals are treated to feed and cloth me. I've recently looked into it (my daughter is vegan and has mentioned things here and there) and I was disgusted with what I found  :'(

I certainly am not and would not judge anyone for who they are or how they are. But I don't want to put money into that industry. Like I said though - I'm 50 years a meat eater - so I have no idea how this is going to pan out  :-"

Wish me luck

It's cool that you're giving it a try. Hope it works out for you.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

Sure, you care about how the animals are treated to cloth and feed you, but what about the suffering of the plants? You don't care about them? You, sir, are a plantist!  >:D :buck2:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Toonces

If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them so tasty.   O:-)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

If God wanted you to wear Uggs, he would have made them less girly.

Toonces

Good enough for Tom Brady, good enough for me.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.   :smitten:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

Toonces

Oh Jesus Christ, are there no more heroes?   :'(

mirth

I guess you'll be following Brady down the vegan path :P

Toonces

First the chick who flushed her emotional support hamster down the toilet because Spirit airlines wouldn't let her fly with it, and now this revelation about Tom Brady....

My faith in humanity, shaky to begin with, is now in shambles.  Is there no hope? 

A weak willed woman
can't fly, should've fed her hamster
to Tom Brady for lunch.

mirth

You better pick up an extra bottle of scotch.

Pretty sure Scotch is vegan, so it'll be okay.