Main Menu

Just got a PS4

Started by JudgeDredd, August 21, 2017, 08:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

If you guys want to add me to your friends list. PSN handle is same there as here.
Insert witty comment here.

Pete Dero

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/2568/PlayStation.Plus.Double.Discounts.-.Sale.on.all.PS.titles

Proud PlayStation owners and players, here's something for you: starting from today and lasting until April 25th Slitherine titles available on the PlayStation store will be discounted as part of the PlayStation Plus Double Discounts sale.

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock - 25 % off

Battle of the Bulge - 30% off

Starhammer: the Vanguard Prophecy - 35 % off

But there's something more: if you are a PS Plus member you get twice the discount! You heard it right! Don't miss this chance.

The offer lasts until April 25th and it is valid only in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia and New Zealand.

Huw the Poo

I've been told that if I "only" have one hour to play per session, it isn't worth getting Monster Hunter World.  Thoughts?

jamus34

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 04, 2018, 07:10:10 PM
I've been told that if I "only" have one hour to play per session, it isn't worth getting Monster Hunter World.  Thoughts?

I'm still loving it.

In all honesty some of the initial story missions may take longer but hunts all have time limits and the max is 50 minutes.

The early game will be pretty tough as your gear sucks and it will take time getting use to all of the systems.

That said, once you figure it out the pattern follows:
Theoretically you can pick a hunt, optimize gear for the monster you will be fighting, eat (this is important), kill said monster, post hunt inventory management and upgrades in an hour.

One thing this does not have is a pause so if you are interrupted a lot that will cause issues. Even if you play offline it runs it like it's on-line. each hunt can be considered an instance.

Anyway, that's my $.02. If I get a hunt or three in a night I'm happy.

Huw the Poo

Thanks Jamus, I appreciate that.  I've never been so conflicted on whether to buy a game or not!

I had some unexpected expense today so it may have a to wait a few weeks, but I'm leaning toward picking it up once again. :)

jamus34

Fully understand there Huw - I'm on a buying moratorium for now also (although this month's Humble Monthly is tempting). I grabbed MHW before I dropped the hammer on myself.

Huw the Poo

Well I just did the weekly banking and it turns out things are better than I thought.  Also, after wondering whether to buy MHW ever since it came out, I decided that it will bug me forever if I don't just buy the bloody thing.  So I did.  :)

jamus34

Nice!

Let me know if your around and we can get on some multiplayer hunts.

Huw the Poo

Will do mate.  My sessions will probably be few and far between but I intend to play whenever possible.  I really like what I've seen so far.  The combat isn't as janky as I feared it might be and I'm amazed at how beautifully designed the world is.  I'm looking forward to learning all the different systems and figuring out my build etc.

Unfortunately I decided to make my character look like the biggest cock imaginable and I regret it now.  :DD Maybe I should start again before I do too much.