Battletech is back!!!

Started by Shelldrake, May 12, 2017, 06:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on June 16, 2018, 08:19:04 PM
What does it do?

It turns the game into a huge sandbox with hundreds of systems, adds tons of new weapons and gear and makes it much more challenging with enemy AI behavior and morale check rules. Apparently, it also limits the amount of tonnage making lighter mechs more useful.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

RogueTech looks very, very good.

I just finished a couple of videos on this. I will almost certainly install it, after I finish the campaign.

Jarhead0331

Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries delayed into 2019...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  :pullhair:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

DennisS

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 19, 2018, 09:29:15 AM
Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries delayed into 2019...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  :pullhair:

Good news is that all lawsuits on content are now settled. See SidAlpha on youtube for the particulars.

Destraex

Dennis I thought the settlement was still pending for piranah games and that it was not without predujice.
You never know, it may just be a standoff or it may require piranah games to withdraw the unseen mechs.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on June 20, 2018, 04:43:09 AM
Dennis I thought the settlement was still pending for piranah games and that it was not without predujice.
You never know, it may just be a standoff or it may require piranah games to withdraw the unseen mechs.

"Not without prejudice" would mean it is "with prejudice", no?  When a lawsuit is settled or discontinued "with prejudice" it means that the suit can not be refilled, renewed or relitigated. It would be rare to settle a case of this nature where some form of consideration is exchanged, and not have it include a with prejudice provision as part of the settlement.

I don't know anything about this particular suit or the existence of any settlements. Just commenting on the above generally.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Considering the delay, I'd be surprised if Piranha didn't cave and agree to take out the Unseen. 

It was honestly silly for them to have been forging ahead with them in anyway.  I love those old designs, but they've been effectively replaced.

Harebrained made the right call not including them in the first place.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Pinetree

New Kickstarter update is out with news of the new patch and a free copy of Stellaris from Paradox for backers. Nice
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

SirAndrewD

Exciting.  I bought Stellaris and all its DLC on the Spring sale.  Weeee!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

DennisS

Quote from: Destraex on June 20, 2018, 04:43:09 AM

Settled without prejudice, according to sidalpha, pending final agreement between the two parties. This should allow MW5 to proceed without fear of additional litigation.

DennisS

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 20, 2018, 09:46:48 PM
Now this is what I call a patch...

https://steamcommunity.com/games/637090/announcements/detail/1693798980350047366

YES PLEASE!!!!!

Lethality - when enabled, MechWarriors that are disabled in combat will always be killed.
    'Mech Destruction - when enabled, 'Mechs disabled from Center Torso destruction are permanently lost. This setting is intended for veterans and those seeking a significant challenge.
    No Rare Salvage - when enabled, + and ++ items are no longer generated as salvage results (but remain purchasable in stores).
    MechWarrior Progression - adjust the amount of experience that MechWarriors gain after each mission.
    Advanced MechWarriors - increase or decrease the frequency of more powerful MechWarriors appearing in Hiring Halls in later parts of the game.
    Enemy Force Strength - increase or decrease the baseline strength of the enemy forces you'll face in procedural contracts.
    Contract Payment - increase or decrease the amount of C-Bills paid by procedural contracts across the game.
    Salvage - increase or decrease the amount of salvage you may obtain from negotiation on procedural contracts.

Nefaro