Started by bayonetbrant, March 14, 2017, 11:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 14, 2018, 05:42:50 AM
Quote from: mirth on June 13, 2018, 07:28:35 PM
I am stockpiling bourbon.

you do that anyway

usually I don't keep it around long enough to accumulate a stockpile
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Now the Korean problem is solved forever, thanks to a guy who makes Einstein look like a toddler, I don't understand why you would organise the world cup in 2026 with your biggest and worst enemies ?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-mexico-and-canada-win-joint-bid-to-host-2026-soccer-world-cup

mirth

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

That's a huge concession to the Norks. I hope 'Merica actually gets something out of this.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Steelgrave on June 14, 2018, 08:53:23 PM
That's a huge concession to the Norks. I hope 'Merica actually gets something out of this.

you know better, right?

when was the last time we cut any kind of deal with the Norks and actually got something out of it?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Quote from: joram on June 13, 2018, 04:24:13 PM
What in the world are you talking about?

That morning, CNN was interviewing a couple of guys fired from the WH for reconstructing shredded papers from Trump's office (supposedly). Naturally they were being hailed as heroes.

If you mean how the Norks got nuclear secrets, that's a long and messed-up story which led to the Republicans trying a last-ditch impeachment of Bill Clinton on a totally different security-lapse charge (i.e. Bill's playdates with Monica).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 13, 2018, 09:28:35 PM
Don't worry, folks! Trump spent plenty of time producing a bizarre pseudo movie trailer to...actually, I don't have the slightest idea what this was supposed to do.

It's an appeal to Kim's ego to be the hero to his people and cement his place in world history, by going capitalist basically, and stop being a militaristic dictator.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, according to a Sork "senior official", "U.S. military forces in South Korea are not subject to negotiations between North Korea and the United States because they are a matter for the U.S.-South Korean alliance."

No doubt that's true, technically: the US can't just pack up and leave. (Well, we could, but it would be a diplomatic disaster.)

https://webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com/news/story/0002/20180615/KBN1JB0EP_3

DoctorQuest

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 15, 2018, 07:30:32 AM

That morning, CNN was interviewing a couple of guys fired from the WH for reconstructing shredded papers from Trump's office (supposedly).

What I heard about this was along these lines. It is a law that all records, documents, etc. touched by the President need to be preserved. Trump has a nasty habit of tearing up stuff after he reads it which makes it a little bit harder to preserve things. They assigned a couple of folks to clean up after him and try to reconstruct the documents.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

bayonetbrant

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1008330598363090944

so wait...  I thought he already solved the Nork problem.  Now talks could break down?  How could talks break down if the problem is solved?  If the problem is solved then why would we need more talks?

Or are we just spinning more bullshit for a rabid frothing fanbase that just laps up every lie as though it were gospel truth?

as a reminder, if this was true, further talks would be unnecessary, right?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1006839007492308992

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

I'll go with spinning more bullshit for 1000.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd