RPG Sales & Discounts

Started by bayonetbrant, December 23, 2016, 08:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 03, 2018, 05:51:02 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 03, 2018, 04:07:51 PM
GDW's old 2300AD just went on sale at Bundle Of Holding.

I thought the 2E version was pretty cool back in the day.  Despite being a bit thin on content.  The near-future scifi setting, with some modern nations still at odds after extra-solar colonization, is great and a nice change from the usual space operas and sci-fantasies.  Pretty sure it was a future extension of GDW's Twilight: 2000 world.

Almost tempted to pick up the whole package but I've been waiting on Mongoose to release a new version of the setting for their latest Traveller 2e.  Dunno if that's a guarantee but I saw something about it being in the works. 

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/GDW2300AD

I bought 2300AD and ran a campaign back in the day.  Never really caught on with the group though.  We all liked the setting but felt that the main antagonist aliens were just not very interesting and I was too lazy as a GM to come up with an alternative.  I can't remember all the details but the one that stuck us all as the problem was that they were designed to function as moronic cannon fodder until a certain level of threat was reached and then their dormant higher brains would kick in and they'd act intelligently.  Never figured out how they'd evolved to develop an industrial society with such constraints.

The Kafer were definitely a weak link.  Probably should've tossed some of their lore and inserted your own to make them less cannon fodder & more crafty.

Nefaro

d100 System Sale at DTRPG

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/rpg_systemsale.php

Despite my past complaints about d100 RPG systems, there is no denying some of the great settings to be had.  Hell, I continue to pick up more of them (Zweihander, Call Of Cthulhu, Delta Green, and considering the new upcoming Glorantha-Runequest goodies).

Nefaro

Leagues of Gothic Horror is on the Bundle Of Holding sale right now.   O0

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/GothicLeagues

airboy

How many rpg systems do you own the core rules for?

Nefaro

Quote from: airboy on October 18, 2018, 08:08:31 PM

Uhh...  are we talking physical copies?  I dunno.  Maybe a couple dozen?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on October 18, 2018, 08:08:31 PM

good God...  off the top of my head (and this is just physical copies, trying to remember everything that's in The Game Den)

OD&D
Moldvay B/X
Mentzer BECMI / Cyclopedia
ADD1e
ADD2e
DD3e
DD4e
DD5e
Saga series
Amazing Engine
Top Secret SI
d20 Modern
Star Frontiers
Marvel Super Heroes (both original & revised)
Gangbusters

Rogue Swords of the Empire
Where Fools Dare to Tread
Cimson Cutlass
Barony
Arabian Sea Tales
Villains Finish First

Castle Falkenstein
Space 1889
Forbidden Kingdoms
Spycraft
Duel
TWERPS (and about 6 expansions w/ their own setting rules)
Swordbearer
Castle & Crusades (original & white-box)
Savage Worlds (not going into all the settings)
Dawnforge
d20 S&S series
d20 Munchkin
Fantasy Hero
Universe
Dragonquest
at least 2 different versions of T&T
Sorcery / Fighting Fantasy series
Lone Wolf Magnamund companion (incl RPG rules in the Lone Wolf book world)
DC Heroes
Champions
Pendragon (not sure which edition)
Ysgarth (2d ed?)
World Of Esæne
Adventures in Fantasy
Aria (Canticle of the Monomyth)
Falling Stars (new one from LNLP)
WHFRP (2nd Ed)
dunno if you want to count Runebound, more board game than RPG, but you can carry over characters to new adventures

I know I'm missing some, but I'm too lazy to go look.

Don't even get me started on what's in PDF
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

also forgot all my Battletech, Palladium, and FGU stuff...  whoops!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Dammit Carl!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on October 19, 2018, 07:29:18 AM
Impressive!   :notworthy:

it's taken 35+ years to get to that point.

I'm just a pack rat.

And of note: he just asked for "core rules"

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 18, 2018, 10:32:36 PM
also forgot all my Battletech, Palladium, and FGU stuff...  whoops!

OK... actually in the Game Den today.

Forgot the following: 

Stardrive (incl Alternity core rules)
Sovereign Stone
Crimson Skies
The Fantasy Trip Melee + Wizard + Dark City Games expansions
Throwing Stones
Stuff o' Legends
Era Ten
BattleBorn

honestly, probably missing a few that over in the boxes with the Dragon Magazines, but not easy to get to right now

airboy

Nefaro

Thought I was bad.  Brant takes the gold.   O0

Most of my oldies, the 20+ year old stuff, is long gone.  Given or traded off.  Only have a very small few left hanging around such as WFRP 1e, Shadowrun 2e, and an old rando copy of Chivalry & Sorcery 3e(?).   And some later Star Wars d20 2e I've wanted to dump for awhile but forget about.

I think authors have figured out how to build better mousetraps over the years.  Just have the few left mostly for sentimental reasons, I suppose.   :-"

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Nefaro on October 20, 2018, 01:26:52 PM
Thought I was bad.  Brant takes the gold.   O0

I have fully admitted my pack-rat-ness :)

To be fair, a bunch of those are sort of one-shot kind of games, like ones that were complete games, but in magazines (Where Fools Dare to Tread, Battle Born, Arabian Sea Tales, etc), and there's a bunch for which almost no follow-on products ever materialized (Swordbearer, Forbidden Kingdoms, Sovereign Stone). 

But there's also a lot of under-rated gems in there, like Duel, TWERPS, Spycraft, and Crimson Cutlass.
Oh, and World of Esæne ;D

airboy

Regretfully, my allergy problems take care of my old RPGs.  I just tossed 40 or so issues of the Pegasus, Dungeoneer, and Judges Guild Journal.

I'm going to have a single photocopy made of all of my older Call of Cthulhu stuff and then turn those into pdfs.

Tpek

DriveThruRPG has a Halloween sale going on:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/halloween.php

The new Warhammer 40K RPG seems to be included, I'm considering to get it.