CONSOLIDATED - Police-related violence / shooting threads

Started by mirth, July 08, 2016, 04:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I'm still waiting for a politician to say that black communities need to stop the perennial victimization and start pulling themselves up by their own bootstraps. Oh and stop blaming everyone else on earth for their own problems. I'll probably be waiting forever.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2016, 11:58:35 AM
I'm still waiting for a politician to say that black communities need to stop the perennial victimization and start pulling themselves up by their own bootstraps. Oh and stop blaming everyone else on earth for their own problems. I'll probably be waiting forever.

Not a politician but a black female cop. If you haven't seen this, it's powerful.

https://www.facebook.com/nakiajonesproductions/videos/10208712158314077/

Gusington

^Just watched the whole thing and read about it yesterday. Hard to disagree with her on many points. To add though, there are racists of all colors, not just white.  I can show you a whole slew of black females that automatically consider me the enemy because I am a white male with a shaved head.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Possible copycat:

A Ballwin, MO officer shooting, yesterday, is mentioned as being a black man who was pulled over for speeding.  Exited his vehicle, after the officer went back to the car in order to finish up the ticket paperwork, and shot him three times.  Then took off.

Missouri Cop 'Fighting For His Life' After Being Shot in Traffic Stop, Official Says

QuoteThe suspect, Antonio Taylor, a 31-year-old black man who was paroled in 2015 after serving time on a federal weapons charge, was charged with assault of a police officer, armed criminal action and a felon in possession of a firearm, St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch said Friday, according to the Associated Press.

Sounds like it may have been motivated by the TX shootings.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2016, 02:07:33 PM
^Just watched the whole thing and read about it yesterday. Hard to disagree with her on many points. To add though, there are racists of all colors, not just white.  I can show you a whole slew of black females that automatically consider me the enemy because I am a white male with a shaved head.

I don't disagree with you, especially based on my own experiences. I think each community needs to deal with their own inherent racism before things can ever get better. I respect that she was addressing her own community as well as fellow police officers and she is certainly in a place to speak to both based on her own experiences. Cops need to hold each other accountable and communities need to self-police more as part of the solution. 

Gusington

^Me too. I do respect a lot of what she is calling for, and that she is talking about it at all.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Swatter

Ya, the shooting in Ballwin was a couple of blocks from where I used to live.

There is real segregation in St. Louis and its a serious problem. Unfortunately, I know of no plans to actually address the situation. This is exactly why I do not support the BLM movement, because they focus on issues that are polarizing and ignore the most serious problems in poor black communities. We need unifiers, not dividers. That is exactly what the BLM movement does, divide us.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Anguille on July 09, 2016, 05:00:19 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2016, 02:07:33 PM
because I am a white male with a shaved head.
You have a shaved head?

Of course. Nice and cool in the summertime. Drizzling cold rain, not so much.

Gusington

Yep been shaving my head for the last 7-8 years.

Swatter the segregation was immediately noticeable to me when I was there. And I totally agree with what you're saying about BLM...could not have said it better myself.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2016, 08:09:02 PM

Swatter the segregation was immediately noticeable to me when I was there. And I totally agree with what you're saying about BLM...could not have said it better myself.

Been threatening my wife that as soon as the double envelopment offensive from my front and back hairline manage to meet in the middle and cut my sides off Cannae style, that I'm going to burn it all down and shave it all.  She has no blinking clue what I'm talking about.

As to the whole Dallas thing, it's horrible.  My father in law is a 40 year plus veteran of the Police and Sherriff's department combined with a double pension, so I absolutely get that side of it.  My oldest brother in law, despite deeply hating his father for some reason, is trying to get on with the PD.  I can absolutely see him going into a panic and shooting someone, he has neither the temperament or restraint to be given a firearm and be tasked with defending people.  He's scared, quick to absurd action, and as much as I hate to use the word, a bit cowardly with a mix of just enough indignant arrogance to get him trouble.  He is in his own mind ready to get back at his former bullies with extreme force when he has the authority.  He's going to get his badge soon.   I'm terrified we're going to be hearing about something he does in the near future.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Swatter

Quote from: SirAndrewD on July 10, 2016, 12:50:34 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2016, 08:09:02 PM

Been threatening my wife that as soon as the double envelopment offensive from my front and back hairline manage to meet in the middle and cut my sides off Cannae style, that I'm going to burn it all down and shave it all.  She has no blinking clue what I'm talking about.

As to the whole Dallas thing, it's horrible.  My father in law is a 40 year plus veteran of the Police and Sherriff's department combined with a double pension, so I absolutely get that side of it.  My oldest brother in law, despite deeply hating his father for some reason, is trying to get on with the PD.  I can absolutely see him going into a panic and shooting someone, he has neither the temperament or restraint to be given a firearm and be tasked with defending people.  He's scared, quick to absurd action, and as much as I hate to use the word, a bit cowardly with a mix of just enough indignant arrogance to get him trouble.  He is in his own mind ready to get back at his former bullies with extreme force when he has the authority.  He's going to get his badge soon.   I'm terrified we're going to be hearing about something he does in the near future.

Perhaps you should say something, he is not hired yet (anon of course).

Steelgrave

Quote from: Swatter on July 09, 2016, 05:43:52 PM
Ya, the shooting in Ballwin was a couple of blocks from where I used to live.

There is real segregation in St. Louis and its a serious problem. Unfortunately, I know of no plans to actually address the situation. This is exactly why I do not support the BLM movement, because they focus on issues that are polarizing and ignore the most serious problems in poor black communities. We need unifiers, not dividers. That is exactly what the BLM movement does, divide us.

Quote from: SirAndrewD on July 10, 2016, 12:50:34 AM

I really think that since 9/11 the expansion of law enforcement (Homeland Security, TSA, etc...) has been so great that standards have been relaxed to the point where people are being given a gun and badge who might not have made the grade 20 years ago. There have always been bad apples, but I think it's fair to ask if the proliferation of body cams and IPhone cameras is revealing what's always gone on and been covered up or if the greater numbers of LE and poor training is the culprit. I've known very good cops and very bad, scary cops. It's a lot of power to put into someone's hands and we as civilians need to support our protectors while at the same time insisting that the departments police themselves with the same vigilance they police our streets. My hearts go out to the Dallas officers and their families. Violence is not the solution.

Gusington

Andrew I don't know what you can do, if anything, but I agree with Swatter...it sounds like your brother in law personifies everything that is wrong on the police side. That is exactly who we don't want as an armed peace officer. A professional cop keeps his cool no matter what...no matter what. Much easier to type that than to do it. Hell in my day to day life it is a constant struggle not to lose my mind with the family, on the road, etc.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Watching Dallas Police Chief David Brown on CNN...this guy is unbelievable in his sense of duty and responsibility, as well as his humility and clear head only days after the attack.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd