CONSOLIDATED - Police-related violence / shooting threads

Started by mirth, July 08, 2016, 04:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

It's now being reported that it was just the single gunman. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

What I can't believe is that the media is actually reporting that gunman wanted to 'kill whites'...I guess the truth had to come out some time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Well, according to the media we are evil.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on July 08, 2016, 05:17:58 PM
Well, according to the media we are evil.

Humans taste like candy to us devils.

Gusington

Thus my shock that CNN and NBC are reporting that the gunman was specifically targeting whites. The NYTimes was not - but two out of three ain't bad.

I have seen a lot of good messages coming from unlikely sources too...like Snoop Dog (of all people) appearing with and hugging LAPD cops, and people at the Dallas march thanking cops for saving them, and people claiming that just because they are anti police violence does not make them pro violence against police.

Maybe I am just getting soft.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on July 08, 2016, 05:49:07 PM
I have seen a lot of good messages coming from unlikely sources too...like Snoop Dog (of all people) appearing with and hugging LAPD cops, and people at the Dallas march thanking cops for saving them, and people claiming that just because they are anti police violence does not make them pro violence against police.

+++1   

JasonPratt

Bristol, TN, was one of the other places hit by a shooter yesterday, opening fire on a local highway out of anger at police shootings. (Instead of being, you know, insane and/or evil himself and looking for an excuse to shoot people.  ::) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I haven't seen that anywhere...was anyone hurt?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Newspaper driver was killed, several wounded.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

These guys are selling all ballistic great to LEOs at cost right now

http://shop.tacticalshit.com
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Quote from: Gusington on July 08, 2016, 05:12:44 PM
What I can't believe is that the media is actually reporting that gunman wanted to 'kill whites'...I guess the truth had to come out some time.

Kind of hard to cover it up when the Dallas police chief, who is black, states it as one of the quotes from the gun man on live TV. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Swatter

It was only a matter of time. There is too much crazy going around these days. Our culture in the US is straining at the seams and will likely only continue to worsen. We are headed for widespread social upheaval.

I am conflicted on the whole anti-police narrative the media loves to harp on (which I believe fans the fire). Without a doubt police shoot people of all races and sometimes its not justified or outright murder. Young black males are being shot by police in disproportionate numbers, but they are committing crimes in disproportionate numbers too. I live in St. Louis, a city where black-on-black violence is a daily occurrence. There are many areas of the city that are preferable to avoid during the day and can be dangerous after dark. Roving bands of young black people roam the streets in those poor neighborhoods with little to no supervision. This is why the riots in Ferguson occurred (which nobody in the media dared mention). Its tough being a police officer in those neighborhoods and relations between residents and police are strained at the best of times. Couple that with the fact that most people never really try to understand just how hard a police officers job is. The job is thankless and its wears you down mentally and changes many officers for the worse. I feel any journalist who writes anything on the police should do a month of ride alongs to get some perspective.

I am just rambling at this point. I hope the cycle of violence stops, but it won't. There will be some wacko who thinks he needs to kill some black people out of revenge and we will have another mass shooting. Instead of talking to each other and respecting each others views, we are stuck in a cycle of shouting and demonizing that I can't see ending.

Sir Slash

Now Hillary says it's our fault because we're white. Sorry Mrs. Clinton. We don't want to be white. That why we try to tan.  :-\
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I thought that was a great post Swatter. I was in St. Louis a couple of summers ago (before Ferguson) and was really surprised by the true segregation of the city's neighborhoods.

Is Hillary really blaming whites for being white??

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Yesterday. She made the typical claim that 'Whites' need to adjust our racial attitudes to be more understanding and inclusive toward 'Blacks'. And again nothing about how many 'Blacks' were killed last weekend by other 'Blacks' in Chicago. Run for decades by her Party. And ignored for decades by her Party. My 2 cents.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.