Wings Remastered Edition: On Steam today

Started by FrontierCybrarian, October 17, 2014, 04:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Love the subject matter, loathe the linearity and arcade-ry.  Just preference I suppose, but is there not a lot of nostalgia involved with the excitement?

I've still got two PC sims and at least three boardgames on the subject matter which I've not exhausted yet. 

Gusington

It's totally linear and totally arcadey. It's also totally atmospheric and beautiful. Those two reasons are why I still love it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Rising from the dead. I pledged 125.00 to bring Wings back to life. It was definitely not worth 125.00 but it was fun for a few days. Nothing beyond the game was delivered, btw.

But my real reason for bringing this back from the dead is that I need a new link to my 125.00 download and cannot get an answer from Cinemaware. It appears they aren't answering anyone lately. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can legally re-download, let me know.

Here's the Kickstarter link with a lot of unhappy comments on it:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850516062/wings-remastered-edition/comments#

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Gus - you don't have it through Steam? That's where I got my copy. I suppose KS didn't do it through Steam...

BanzaiCat

Boggit

Well it sounds positive for the KS backers... I saw it on sale at Gamersgate, but ummed and ahhed about it, don't know why really as it was dead cheap. I take it that they game is a lot of fun?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

BanzaiCat

If you like highly repetitive arcade action retro games, then yeah, it's great fun. :)

I bought it on Steam for dirt cheap during one sale (probably five dollars or less) and played it for a total of 101 minutes (according to Steam). It was pretty enjoyable but for me I'd only be able to deal with it in short spurts, since it IS so repetitive.

Gusington

I should have just bought it on Steam but nostalgia got the better of me. Out of principle I don't want to drop another 15.00 to get a working copy, know what I mean?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

^^Probably not for me then. Anyway, I have a ton of games to be getting on with, plus a few that need write-ups! ;D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Still did not get my backers goodies for this :(

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on September 13, 2018, 12:50:36 PM
Still did not get my backers goodies for this :(

Ahhh Kickstarter digital games.   :knuppel2:

Gusington

This one was a notorious screw up. Others I have done, less so. Still...😓

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd