Sneaky Release of Nobunaga's Ambition

Started by Jarhead0331, August 27, 2014, 06:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Hm. That reminds me again I want a current gen Dynasty Tactics game. (DT2 was only DT1 with a bit more fluff, both for Playstation 2.) It was developed from the previous turn-based engine of the Rot3K/NobAmb engine -- obviously they're not doing that anymore, which disappoints me, but I understand the need to keep battles proportionate to the other gameplay. DT battles could run around 20 turns, and were a lot deeper than might appear on the surface. (They also had an army management strategic layer for each portion of each campaign, mostly based around interrelationships between the officers.)

But I won't be unhappy with a localization of the new Noba.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jomni

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 07, 2015, 08:55:19 AM
Hm. That reminds me again I want a current gen Dynasty Tactics game. (DT2 was only DT1 with a bit more fluff, both for Playstation 2.) It was developed from the previous turn-based engine of the Rot3K/NobAmb engine -- obviously they're not doing that anymore, which disappoints me, but I understand the need to keep battles proportionate to the other gameplay. DT battles could run around 20 turns, and were a lot deeper than might appear on the surface. (They also had an army management strategic layer for each portion of each campaign, mostly based around interrelationships between the officers.)

But I won't be unhappy with a localization of the new Noba.

I like that too.  Chains are very important there.

Nefaro

So.. is this "September release" actually going to be in Engrish? 

If so, I'm looking forward to it.  I only vaguely recall playing an olde console version of it (along with the Chinese ones) long ago, in a different life, but enjoying it.

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on August 08, 2015, 10:31:01 AM
So.. is this "September release" actually going to be in Engrish? 

If so, I'm looking forward to it.  I only vaguely recall playing an olde console version of it (along with the Chinese ones) long ago, in a different life, but enjoying it.

Yes. The non-English release came a long time ago.

son_of_montfort

I did want to point out to anyone interested, the combat is switching from TBS to real-time (they still have a turn-based strategic map).

Check it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkl3IIruqro

It looks like you can pause and it seems less "twitchy" than Total War, but it is real time.

This preview: http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2015/08/preview-nobunagas-ambition-sphere-of.html, seems to indicate that the "clock" continues running during battles and that you could fail to complete the battle before going to the next turn (on the strategic map). Then the battle could pick up again after you click the "next turn" button. I might have read that wrong, however.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

jomni

Quote from: son_of_montfort on August 09, 2015, 12:59:29 PM
I did want to point out to anyone interested, the combat is switching from TBS to real-time (they still have a turn-based strategic map).

Check it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkl3IIruqro

It looks like you can pause and it seems less "twitchy" than Total War, but it is real time.

This preview: http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2015/08/preview-nobunagas-ambition-sphere-of.html, seems to indicate that the "clock" continues running during battles and that you could fail to complete the battle before going to the next turn (on the strategic map). Then the battle could pick up again after you click the "next turn" button. I might have read that wrong, however.

Each "turn" is a month, maneuvering and battle happen in real time and can take more than a month just like in real life. So when it crosses the month, you go to domestic phase again until you press the next turn button.

Tactical battle is simple and optional. No clicking on the map.  Just clicking a few buttons below and your commanders.  If you zoom in to a battle, the strategic world clock still ticks.  That means other battles that happen simultaneously is out if your control. Also if other armies move to your battle area in stragegic map, the tactical battle resets and now involes the reinforcements.

Nefaro

The real-time battles look extremely simplistic.  But I don't recall the battles ever being terribly heavy anyway. 

Anguille

son_of_montfort

"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

W8taminute

Thanks for the YouTube link s.o.m.  I'm getting this game and it's just around the corner too being released early Sept.   :)

Maybe once I get this English language version I can figure out how to play more efficiently then go back and finish my campaign in the Japanese language version of the game I own.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

jomni

The price is not bad.  Even cheaper than the Chinese release.  It's now wishlisted.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/392470

I have the Chinese version, and figured out the gameplay, I couldn't get into it because I can't read all of the names.

tgb

Romance XI was $20 at release, so the price is a little disappointing.  Not that I won't be grabbing it if word of mouth is good.  Greenman will probably have it for even less.

tgb

If anyone's interested in seeing some game play, here's some guy playing 2 hours of one of the early scenarios.

It's a little tough to watch because he never turns the music down, but he does pretty much show off everything, including setting up a game, province development, the quest system, diplomacy, and combat, including siege of a castle.  I'm still looking forward to playing this, there's some stuff that looks really good like customization, historical cut scenes (which I think can be toggled off), and the quest mechanic (also optional, I think) to keep a player on track, but I see a few things that I'm not crazy about.

This seems to be a game of breadth, not depth.  There's a lot of different things you can do, but none of them seem very deep.

English voice acting is cheesy, but I think there's an option to change it to subtitled Japanese, which would help the immersion.

You know it's a Japanese game when you can put your military in the hands of a 12 year old girl (I'm not making this stuff up).

I just wish I could find it somewhere for less than $50.  I thought GMG might have it on sale,but no dice.

W8taminute

I just realized something.  Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere of Influence is the incorrect title for this title in the series.  It should be Nobunaga's Ambition: Creation.  Sphere of Influence was an earlier version of the series.  I know why they're calling the english version of this game Sphere of Influence but as a fan of this series in both the Japanese and English versions I find it a little bit wrong.  Almost heresy like.  Only a true fan would get what I'm talking about and I feel alone even though I know there are true fans out there somewhere. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

jomni

Quote from: W8taminute on August 29, 2015, 01:34:51 PM
I just realized something.  Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere of Influence is the incorrect title for this title in the series.  It should be Nobunaga's Ambition: Creation.  Sphere of Influence was an earlier version of the series.  I know why they're calling the english version of this game Sphere of Influence but as a fan of this series in both the Japanese and English versions I find it a little bit wrong.  Almost heresy like.  Only a true fan would get what I'm talking about and I feel alone even though I know there are true fans out there somewhere.

The Western versions are always off.  Like the numbering of the Dynasty Warriors series is not in sync.