Main Menu

Recent posts

Computer Gaming / Re: DCS Discussion
Last post by Redwolf - Today at 07:01:02 AM
Is anybody else having buzz in DCS audio?

For me, a slight but noticeable buzz kicks in in the last 10% of the scenario entry loading screen. Buzz like radio interference. It is not there in the menus and during the first 90% of the loading of an airplane + map.

I thought it might be my soundcard but I just changed that and it stayed the same.
Looking forward to Early Access today, believe in about an hour, although likely won't be able to play much this weekend.  City builder games usually don't last long with me, but based on all the early previews seems this "might" be finally the one that sticks with me, probably because of the time period as well.

Speculation is the cost being $44.99.  Since I have Gamepass, will be going that route.
Welcome Aboard! / Re: Hello!
Last post by alishakihn - Today at 02:17:38 AM
Hello, Welcome...
General Discussion / Re: The Boring Thread
Last post by al_infierno - Yesterday at 08:11:00 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on Yesterday at 03:34:26 PMI had to deal with a wanna be russian mobster today

I hope you said this to him:

Last post by Gusington - Yesterday at 07:34:48 PM
^ew
Organizations and Equipment / Re: Planes!
Last post by GDS_Starfury - Yesterday at 06:27:25 PM
'Murica!

Console Gaming / Re: Restarting Fallout 4 on th...
Last post by al_infierno - Yesterday at 06:07:12 PM
I also reinstalled and started playing again.  It strikes me how much better the game feels when you take a point or two of a weapon damage perk like Gunslinger.  Just two points in that perk gives you +40% damage to pistols, which means you can shoot a lightly armored raider in the head and he drops instantly.  So much better than that "shoot a guy in the face 40 times, reload, and keep mag dumping" combat in New Vegas and prior games, even with similar perks.

The new patch is rather obnoxious for PC players, since it doesn't really change much on PC and breaks a bunch of existing mods.  Including a massive total conversion, Fallout: London, which was just recently released.  I also read that the new ultrawide support stretches the game out, which isn't ideal.

Thankfully the only mod I use still works.  If anyone on PC hasn't done so already, I recommend downloading the dialogue wheel mod, which makes it so you can see exactly what your character will say instead of the Mass Effect style wheel of vagueness.
Console Gaming / Re: Restarting Fallout 4 on th...
Last post by Tripoli - Yesterday at 04:54:01 PM
I never played Fallout, but the series (and the very low price on Fallout 4 inspired me to give it a try
Last post by steve58 - Yesterday at 04:45:01 PM
My right ear is clogged with ear wax. :buck2:
Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by FarAway Sooner - Yesterday at 04:05:47 PM
A friend of mine's dad flew Sabres in the Korean War.  At his memorial service a few years ago, they had a flyover by some vintage aircraft, including an F4U Corsair.  Man does that thing have a throaty rumble!