Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Digital Gaming AARs / Re: US Pacific Campaign - Order of Battle WW2 AAR
« Last post by JasonPratt on Yesterday at 07:26:53 AM »
My grand-uncle John Reed didn't want to talk about his career as a pilot for a B-17 over Europe either. We only ever got a few things out of him. The Me-262 jets were essentially omnipotent against bomber flights, and scared him more than anything else: their only weakness was that they only had enough fuel for one or two passes. He was in the camp of, had Hitler deployed them as interceptors instead of insisting they be used as strike bombers, the western front might have gone quite differently.
« Last post by JasonPratt on Yesterday at 07:17:11 AM »
Grizzled Captain Sam Houston from Texas set up the ambush with help from veteran noncoms.

Tennessee Volunteer!! "Don't go up there, sir, it's a trap! There's two of them!"
« Last post by JasonPratt on Yesterday at 06:24:05 AM »
Thanks; that was indeed the purpose, though the humor was grim.  :notworthy: :'(
« Last post by airboy on January 20, 2019, 11:17:54 AM »
Part 2 and Part 3 of Bataan are posted.
See:
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/20/bataan-scenario-3-part-2/
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/20/bataan-scenario-conclusion-part-3-of-3/

I'm going to take a break from this AAR for a bit.  The last Bataan post made me depressed and brought tears to my eyes.  I had not thought about a couple of WW2 vets I knew growing up in several years - including a Wake Island vet.   :-[

I'm going to write up my visit to the Kansas City Toy Museum, my review of Pillars of Eternity 2, etc..... for a couple of days to let my sadness abate.

PS - Jason, don't blame yourself for your earlier comments.  They served a good purpose to remind all of us of the sacrifices made by allied troops in the Pacific during 1941-1942 to slow the Jap advance.   :notworthy:
« Last post by JasonPratt on January 18, 2019, 08:35:54 AM »
The brave deaths of the Gunny and “Lt. Idiot” in the previous holding action served the greater good. McArthur bestirred himself to speak with all inexperienced Lieutenants and their Gunnys before the battle started. McArthur ordered the Lieutenants to stay behind the river lines and shoot up Japs attempting to cross. He then ordered the Gunnys to shoot in the leg any Lt failing to follow orders and counter-attacked North of any river line. The assembled Gunny’s gave a loud “Yes Sir General McArthur!” After McArthur left the Gunny’s started bragging about their marksmanship badges and taking bets on who would bag the first Lt of the upcoming battle.

Lt. Newbie told Lt. Wet Behind the Ears that the only time he had seen his Gunny happier was when the Gunny found a fifth of unopened Scotch and shared it with a “fun time girl.”

Any ignorant fools who are not reading Airboy's AAR, are missing this.  :coolsmiley: :smitten:
Digital Gaming AARs / Re: Why do people do AARs?
« Last post by Airborne Rifles on January 17, 2019, 01:20:49 PM »
I’ve enjoyed doing AARs because it lets me tell the “story” of how the game unfolded. I started to feel like the stories being written by the gameplay were too good to keep to myself.
« Last post by airboy on January 17, 2019, 10:04:17 AM »
Thanks Jarhead!

And Sir Slash - thanks for the nice comments on the AAR writers.
« Last post by Sir Slash on January 17, 2019, 08:36:55 AM »
And I love reading all of your AAR's. Many times I use AAR's to make the final decision on whether or to pass on a particular game as well as how to play the damn things. Hats-off to all you AAR-er's.  :notworthy:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10