Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Wargaming / Re: Updated Solitaire Games Listing
« Last post by smittyohio on Today at 03:23:26 PM »
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/233582/2017-peoples-choice-top-100-solo-games-100-1-101-2?titlesonly=1

A couple of things to note with that list... The ranking goes from 100 to 1, but the way the geeklist numbers it is ascending order.  Also, they added more after 100 to show others that almost cracked the top 100.  I sadly (happily?) own way too many of the top 100.  Obviously war games don't dominate the list, but there are some great games there.  Switching from computer games to board games has cost me thousands of dollars, but I actually PLAY the board games instead of just putzing around like I did with video games. 
Modelling and Miniatures / Re: Some of my work.
« Last post by Dammit Carl! on Today at 09:44:30 AM »
Noice!
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 07:03:21 AM »
For now, I'd be more than happy to let you guys vote my next build(I'll post what I've got)... or a choice of unfinished projects, I'll post those when time permits.
:'(

I can't start a project until I've finished one. It's kind of my Achilles heel and does hobble me a bit getting through models.
« Last post by Achtung Baby on Today at 05:19:21 AM »
For now, I'd be more than happy to let you guys vote my next build(I'll post what I've got)... or a choice of unfinished projects, I'll post those when time permits.

« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 04:49:16 AM »
Honestly - and I know he may try and be modest  :2funny: - but there's really no comparison between Achtung's work and mine.

Don't get me wrong - I think I do a decent job, but Achtung's work is on another level  :notworthy:
Wargaming / Re: Updated Solitaire Games Listing
« Last post by bbmike on Today at 04:47:12 AM »

If you're looking for non-WWII, then I've really enjoyed Don't Tread on Me.

This x1000! Don't Tread on Me is great solitaire game. The other two games in that series (British War Series) are:
N: The Napoleonic Wars and Mrs Thatcher's War: The Falklands.

And I just noticed on BGG that Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism is about to be released!
« Last post by MikeGER on Today at 04:34:36 AM »
Awesome weathering effects!

Would love to see you and JD each work on the same model and see how your different styles play out and change the look of the finished product!
O0 :notworthy:

that could be a nice official Grogheads event, even to be covered big on that mystical frontpage

- The community vote from a list what WW2 vehicle should be build, and in a small diorama maybe
- Grogheads (the company/ LLC - yes, it will cost you ;) ) donates via PayPal both competitors the money for the identical vanilla kits and a small budget for to get extra parts of choice

for the budget donated both competitors agree to have a running juicy AAR with a satisfying number of pictures, in frontpage quality. 
and both agree to finish the model in a given timeframe of choice
(let's say two or three month? Achtung Baby, JD would that be OK?  ...both have RL-duties and need also time to develop creative ideas and get the kit and the additional parts ordered and delivered before they can even start, and documentation takes up time too)

-The community votes the winner.
Modelling and Miniatures / Re: Next build will be...
« Last post by Achtung Baby on Today at 12:46:25 AM »
I really like this model, the colours work really well together.

I don't think I've ever built this kit yet, surprising enough. I'd definitely buy the Tamiya kit.
« Last post by Achtung Baby on Today at 12:43:50 AM »
That rusty tank looks excellent.  I have the idea that "rust" is very hard to do a proper job of.
Thx man. All I do is grab some different coloured chalks, usually cheap stuff made for kids. Use a knife or a file to scrape the chalk for powder, then just mix it with water... then dabble it on the model. The trick is not doing too much.
« Last post by em2nought on Today at 12:20:02 AM »
That rusty tank looks excellent.  I have the idea that "rust" is very hard to do a proper job of.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10