Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
WFRP is hardly as deadly to the characters as CoC.
In CoC, practically everything kills you, drives you insane, or both, including leveling your character. :P

Call of Cthulhu is not known for its "character development."  Great game to solve mysteries, but a "Cthulhu Campaign" is almost oxymoron.

I actually wondered when I read some old edition CoC core rules, why even bother with an advancement system. How long do they expect individual characters to survive?

But if you want a game with even less character survival-rates, try Paranoia! :D
Forum-Based Games / Re: Calling together THE GROGPUBLIC OF ROME
« Last post by Windigo on Today at 03:03:19 PM »
I haven't read mind numbing instructions since mirth published his early child memoire's.... I'll read them.
Forum-Based Games / Re: Calling together THE GROGPUBLIC OF ROME
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 12:45:37 PM »
The more-or-less official Living Rules to the main game can be found attached below as a pdf.

This update was last revised pretty recently, in April this year (2018).

It contains most of the rules I'll be using (including Advanced Rules), but not the rules for the Birth of the Republic prologue or the Civil War epilogue. I'm also house-ruling a few things for convenience in forum play; and adding some other upgrades such as extended rules for Province defense, and specific factions (which I invented with some basis in bot-player rules.)

Once you have stared sufficiently into the maw of insanity, try not to despair: easily 2/3 of the rules are just mechanics for resolving actions in the background (which I'd keep track of), and the rest would be introduced slowly over turns as game factors unlock.

For example, in the first turn the Senate will never have more than two officers to elect (and at the same time), namely the two Consuls. All the other officers unlock over time as players 'build' the Republican Senate apparatus by passing semi-randomly positioned goalposts.
Wargaming / Re: The Groginati BOARDGAMING Sales Thread
« Last post by Crossroads on Today at 11:36:15 AM »
Oh aye, a bit of a learning curve for sure, but it does seem to capture the period very well. Plus the map and counters are very well done.
Thanks, I'll need to consider this. I haven't played much with the era, but this sure looks like a nice candidate to dive in straight at the deep end of the pool
« Last post by OJsDad on Today at 11:26:49 AM »
Nefaro, apologies. I totally missed you Noble Knight sale post.
« Last post by bob48 on Today at 11:21:13 AM »
Oh aye, a bit of a learning curve for sure, but it does seem to capture the period very well. Plus the map and counters are very well done.
« Last post by Crossroads on Today at 11:18:56 AM »
I did play some of the scenarios from 'Saints in Armour'. Its a nice system.
It's got a reputation for being a tad on the complex side of things. But I guess that does not matter when it is a fun to play system. Which this one is I reckon from your answer  :)
« Last post by bob48 on Today at 11:12:23 AM »
I did play some of the scenarios from 'Saints in Armour'. Its a nice system.
« Last post by Crossroads on Today at 11:02:26 AM »
Note the clipped chits  :bd:
« Last post by Crossroads on Today at 11:00:28 AM »
Noble Knight has a store-wide "Moving Sale" on a bunch of stuff, supposedly going right now.

So their web store is moving slow as dirt from what I suspect to be unusually high traffic.

https://www.nobleknight.com/

Gustav Adolf the Great - With God and Victorius Arms second hand set there, but upon a closer look not in a VG condition they refer to. However BGG with a few sets for sale. I haven't played any of the GMT's Musket & Pike series, any comments guys?

Looks stellar, quite tempted to buy a set  :smitten:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10