Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Strategic Command Classic competition
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 06:09:06 PM »
If you've (the Soviets) managed to make it through to the winter of '41, the Germans are in deep poo poo. :knuppel2:

Upgraded for accuracy. Quoted for truth.  :hide:
Computer Wargaming / Re: Strategic Command Classic competition
« Last post by Millipede on Today at 05:53:40 PM »
Well, one of us is for sure. The other is enjoying planning for the rematch.  >:D

After a bleak start for the Soviets (I can't count the number of armies/corps destroyed in the German offensive) the shoe is on the other foot now. :)

If you've (the Soviets) managed to make it through the winter of '41, the Germans are in deep poo poo. :knuppel2:

Yep...one of my first as well. Played it all the time until Red Storm Rising game out. That took over scratching my submarine itch.

Any of you guys have an “Odyssey” game system? It came out in the late 70’s/early 80’s before the Atari/intellivision/coleco consoles. It was always hooked up to the TV in the basement and there were really only two games to play on it: “combat!” And “Wizards of Wor”

My family had the older Odyssey 3000.  I remember you had to select your game from a dial on the console, and play with two attached paddles.  I only really remember Pong.

We upgraded to the Atari 2600 in early '80 
Computer Wargaming / Re: Combat Mission status
« Last post by RyanE on Today at 04:05:30 PM »
And that's seven drivers in six months that I have had no issue with in any other game.  CM is the only game I have ever had to downgrade my driver for.  Beating a dead horse again that BFC is becoming very narrowly limited with the systems it can play on out of the box.

Graviteam, Stealbeasts, ARMA2/3, X-Plane (OpenGL), IL2: BOS, Command, and a number of smaller titles on Steam and with Matrix.  Not a single one have I ever had to retro any drivers, regularly contact support, turn off my AV, or whitelist a directory, or have to limit the game to one CPU core. 

Are all of them perfect, no, they aren't.  But since Graviteam gave up its bizzare patching, and discounting SB's stupid dongle policy, BFC comes out on top for the most effort to reinstall.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Combat Mission status
« Last post by Elvis on Today at 03:54:52 PM »
I'm not going to beat this driver conversation like a dead horse. But to explain what I have seen. Not everyone with this particular driver experienced it. If that were the case and it was a more permanent set up with nVidia then sure, you'd have to look at changing something within the game. But this seemingly random combination that affected a very few (I would guess at least half of the players here have nVidia cards and many have or had the February driver and didn't miss a beat). I was fortunate to have found a quick and easy fix for anyone who did contact me and had it. If it had been a more widespread issue I would have dug into it more deeply and now that I am typing this I wish that I had. My standard first suggestion to folks with crashes over the years is to ask them to update their drivers. I should have done this in the case of the parson who posted here because looking at the GeForce driver page there have been 7 new drivers since the problematic February release. Seven.....in 6 months.....

So, I'll change my initial reply to stolypin should have been:

Try updating your video card drivers. If it doesn't help open up a ticket on the Help Desk.

(Lesson, once again, learned)

scratching my submarine itch

...the joys of adolescence
he Wargaming Society is hosting a computer gaming tournament feature John Tiller Software Napoleonic Game the Eckmühl Campaign.. This is a 2 man team game or as the Wargaming Society calls them a Battle Brigade Tournament... John Tiller Software has given us a free game down loads to 2 of the participants in this tournament... In addition to this they have placed the Eckmühl Campaign on Sale at a 25% reduction in price.. So if you do not have the game you can buy it and practice for our upcoming tournament..

Check out the tournament information at: http://wargamingsociety.com/napol/tour ... kmuhl.html

Not a member of the Wargaming Society and want to particiapate in the tournament... Join us now to make new friends and have some fun...

TWS: http://www.wargamingsociety.com/

Battle On...
Berthier
Computer Wargaming / Re: What were the earliest video games you played?
« Last post by bob48 on Today at 02:44:19 PM »
Beware the Kaibokan!
Computer Wargaming / Re: Total War: Rome II THE RISE OF ROME dlc
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 02:40:00 PM »
OK then. Next shot will be full non-paused.
Maybe that's the one I played then, I remember it was set in the Pacific because it had Japanese Kongo Class BB's. And night graphics.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10