Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Share your Screenshots!
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 10:02:40 AM »
Sorry, wrong pic and wrong game.
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 10:00:50 AM »
Pillars of Eternity 2: Sir Slash at Level 10 striking his 'Hero Pose'.
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 09:28:10 AM »
MOS:96B2P...no offense, but I think you should find a different line of work. Death and destruction seems to follow you and the bodies are really starting to stack.  :DD  C:-) :crazy2:
Computer Wargaming / Re: Battlefleet Gothic Armada II
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 09:26:00 AM »
Man...I was really out of the lore loop. I had no idea Guilliman had been revived! This is very exciting news, although I'm sure it will all still end in disaster for humanity.
Yes I think it is.

Warframe is such a great game! Good choice!
Computer Wargaming / Re: Radio Commander...
« Last post by stolypin on Today at 08:02:44 AM »
I would love to see a game that focus on the higher level theatre management that has an almost RPG feel to it.

In that you are limited to what information you get on your own, you have call it initiative points that will let you listen / see certain intelligence however otherwise you have to trust your staff. And that staff has skill,, biasís and talents that can help or hinder you.

I guess it would be an amalgamation of DC Barbarossa, CK2 and any theatre wargame.

Yes!  I hope things move in this direction.  The ultimate for this sort of simulation might be simulating von Moltke (the Younger) as he tries to control what would be known as the Battle of the Marne...but you have to run things just as he did and have some of the same "personal" problems (Like the Emperor won't let you give a retreat order...oops....sound familiar?...or von Kluck won't obey orders...the Saxons Kowtow to the nearest Prussian ), and so you write your wife, get radio intercepts of what the army commanders are transmitting to each other.  Finally, things get tough and you send out Colonel Heinke in a car (note that this sort of assumes cars have a lot of advantages over radios for transmitting orders) TWICE.  And the French go swarming across the remains of the Schlieeffen Plan.  And you probably lose the battle and get kicked out of your job.

Yes!  Or how about Paulus sitting in his commander bunker at Gumrak in Fall 1942?
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 07:26:38 AM »
Ok I take it back. Now youíre really creeping me out.
There's no Grog clan.  However my gaming group and I formed a clan so that we could benefit from clan research etc.  We always play as a full squad once a weekend but besides that we're open to playing with others too.  Add me if you want an invite - my in game name is Huwie.

(We're also part of an alliance; I rarely see anyone else online from other clans but that could just be a timezone thing.)
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Yesterday at 09:44:23 PM »
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Yesterday at 09:22:25 PM »
I thought the Emperor himself returned at the end of the assault on Cadia!?

That was several years ago though, and I guess I'm remembering what the win-condition plot plans were revealed to have been, had the Imperium players pulled out the win after all. (Though I thought the whole point of that plotline was to save their hash from losing.....)

Anyway, this plot makes better sense of the ongoing storyline.

Current story goes like this...

Cadia was destroyed in the 13th Black Crusade.  Big reveal is the other 12 were all successful too because Abbadon destroyed the worlds with the Necron Pylons on them.

When Cadia falls, the Eye of Terror expands into the Imperium, cutting it in half. 

Cawl goes to McCragge and resurrects the Primarch of the Ultramarines, Robute Gulliman, last son of the Emperor, to lead the Imperium in its darkest hour. 

Gulliman goes to Earth, declares himself Regent, unites the Imperium and goes on the counterattack. 

Pretty much the shortest way I can put it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10