Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Post Mortem?

Started by solops, February 01, 2017, 12:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

I thought of GG "War in the" series and I think they'd fit the bill for each of the fronts but we're talking about something that covers all of the ETO/Med. 

I like Ron's work - I remember enjoying his AGW game many years ago and I felt like it could be *the* computer game that actually simulates a boardgame.  My only "gripe" is not a gripe but a preference and that is I wish that he would make a version of it that was army/corps level...that would be a dream.  Being at division level just becomes too much of a chore for me moving 100's of units every turn.  Ron - if you're monitoring - make an ETO/Med game at the corps level and I'll sing your praises all over the internet!

One game that I do enjoy but alas, it has no AI is Decision games Computer WWII.  I think that has a slick interface where you see the CRT and the die roller going up and down the column until it finally rests on the die roll.  You then see the modifiers that were applied and the final results- very well done.  It's a big game too but there's not a 1000 units to mess with and it goes quickly even when playing solitaire.  Add an AI to this and I'll sing its praises as well.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer