Rising Storm

Started by Gusington, July 07, 2013, 06:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Anyone interested in getting some regular time in with Rising Storm? Looking to but it but I don't want to get it and be left alone on Iwo Jima or somesuch.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm up for it but we'll need to nail down a usual time and day.  We should also figure out what style we want to play.  I'm fine with Realistic or Classic but I'd prefer not to play Arcade mode.  I'd also prefer if we were all on the same side and using TS or VOIP comms just to make it easier to co-ordinate.

I've no preferences regarding playing as the Axis or the Allies.

As for roles, I'm most comfortable with the LMG or Mortar for the Japanese and the BAR or Squad Leader for the Yanks.
Under no circumstances should I be allowed anywhere near the arty radio or a flamethrower.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Here's where I'm currently at.

Axis weapons
Arisaka Type 38 rifle:   lvl 50
Type 99 LMG:             lvl 50
Type 89 mortar:          lvl 28
Type 100 SMG:           lvl 08
Type 92 LMG:             lvl 06

Allied Weapons
Thompson SMG:         lvl 50
Shotgun:                   lvl 33
B.A.R.                       lvl 28
Flamethrower:            lvl 27
Garand:                     lvl 21
Springfield 1903:        lvl 11 

Gusington

It looks like you are the only one interested in MP besides me... :(

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Did you end up buying a copy?

Gusington

No, I only saw it available for 19.99. I'll wait for the pending sale and for some more peeps.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

I picked it up a couple days ago.

Still need to fire it up and re-familiarize myself with the RO2 engine (and maybe even have to re-hotkey again?) but I'll check back with you guys sometime soon.  Isn't there a 'Friends' list in-game or something?

I always preferred 'Realistic' servers in RO2.  I suppose it will be the same here.  Been in a bit of a gaming muck lately, with nothing really pulling me in, so dunno how many days that'll last.  :'(

Gusington

Well that makes three...:/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

I have this game, and sporadically give it a go, but  I'm in the UK, so I'm unlikely to find any Grogheads online when I play .  Don't give up though, Gus - it's a good game!

Gusington

...sigh...thanks Father. I've pretty much written it off though, unless a SP campaign is released.

:(

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I don't think there'll be a single player campaign.  The AI in RO2/RS is spectacularly stupid. 

I've gone on a completionist kick for some reason.  I am trying to max out the levels on the various weapons in the game and I'm even trying to gain Steam achievements (something I never pay attention to most of the time).   Three more stabby-stabbies and I get the golden bayonet award.  Oh glee!!!!

Gusington

You are a lucky man SDR.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 18, 2013, 07:26:47 PM
I don't think there'll be a single player campaign.  The AI in RO2/RS is spectacularly stupid. 

I've gone on a completionist kick for some reason.  I am trying to max out the levels on the various weapons in the game and I'm even trying to gain Steam achievements (something I never pay attention to most of the time).   Three more stabby-stabbies and I get the golden bayonet award.  Oh glee!!!!

Achievements?  Did someone say achievements?  Take it from me, an XBOX cheevo whore, once you start down the path of collecting achievements it's a slippery slope from there.   :D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Silent Disapproval Robot

I know!  Now I have to kill a Japanese officer, take his katana, then find and kill another katana wielding Japanese soldier and kill him with my katana.  Otherwise \i won't get the coveted "bringing a sword to a sword fight" achievement and honestly, is life worth living without that?

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 19, 2013, 02:38:21 PM
I know!  Now I have to kill a Japanese officer, take his katana, then find and kill another katana wielding Japanese soldier and kill him with my katana.  Otherwise \i won't get the coveted "bringing a sword to a sword fight" achievement and honestly, is life worth living without that?

LOL!

I really need to fire this up sometime this weekend.