Looking back on 10 years since The Dark Knight

Started by bayonetbrant, July 16, 2018, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

I wonder if some of the mythical status of the movie is due to Ledger's death as much as anything

But I'm not sure you'll ever top him as the Joker
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

Combination of both Ledger's death and a legit incredible movie. Maybe kinda sorta like The Crow and Brandon Lee but moreso?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on July 16, 2018, 01:00:55 PM
Combination of both Ledger's death and a legit incredible movie. Maybe kinda sorta like The Crow and Brandon Lee but moreso?

Except the Crow (which I do really like) was a middling film and Brandon Lee was no where as big as Ledger at the respective points in there career.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I know it has plot holes, and goofy conveniences to keep the plot going; but I don't regard it as being aggressively stupid like TDKR. That makes all the difference in the world, to me, apparently.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!