Main Menu

The Terror

Started by WallysWorld, January 18, 2018, 12:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

From Ridley Scott and coming to AMC in March: The Terror trailer

I will definitely check this out.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Nefaro

Looks good.  :dreamer:

Steelgrave

I enjoyed the book and the preview looks like they captured it well. Good casting too. Something to keep an eye on.

Gusington

I have the book on my to read shelf, and will definitely be checking the show out. I'm a sucker for Ridley Scott.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

That one dude lead the Wildlings north of the Wall in the freezing cold. He might make it through okay!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

He played Caesar in HBO's Rome, so his commanding presence is well honed.   O0

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on January 18, 2018, 09:31:33 AM
I have the book on my to read shelf, and will definitely be checking the show out. I'm a sucker for Ridley Scott.

Is that the book by Dan Simmons? I read his Ilium/Olympos novels and was quite impressed.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 18, 2018, 10:44:11 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 18, 2018, 09:31:33 AM

Is that the book by Dan Simmons? I read his Ilium/Olympos novels and was quite impressed.

Yes, apparently so.

Based on the Franklin Expedition, but with some.. twist(s).  You know - the one that disappeared for a long time, had crew sick & lead poisoned from their food tins, and all kinds of mysterious tidbits.

This vid touches on it, and gives a book spoiler in the last few seconds.  Although it provides you ample spoiler warning to stop the vid beforehand.

WallysWorld

Reminder that the two hour series premiere is this Monday on AMC. Looking forward to it!
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Windigo

Saw the teaser episode last night....

very nice!
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

The Alienist ends tonight. Will start The Terror tomorrow 😎

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Quote from: Gusington on March 26, 2018, 11:41:19 AM
The Alienist ends tonight. Will start The Terror tomorrow 😎
It is no Altered Carbon, but its a good great period piece with my namesake as the guest star.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Staggerwing

I thought Windigos lived in the forests, not on ice floes.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

I figured it was the Wampa eating them.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Maybe it was the Wumpus? Last I heard, it was seen lurking in school computer lab full of Apple II's