Decades Feeder Bracket - 1999 Final 4

Started by MetalDog, January 11, 2018, 09:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

This is kind of a YayBoo moment for me.  Yay!  Two of the Top 5 seeds are still in!  Boo :( The absolute last two seeds are in.  Thankfully, regardless of the seeding, they are all good songs.  And we owe it all to you for choosing them.  (I was actually the lone vote for Eminem and one of two votes for Lou Bega (showing how much I truly despise American Woman ;) )).  Anyways, thank you all for voting and have at!

The 5/16

The 3/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

How the fuck is American Woman still in this?  The original one was crap.  Lenny's remake was worse.  But it knocks off Californication and gets a gimme against Lou FucktardBega to stick around?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

"Smooth" is a helluva song, one of those tunes that people would sing along to when it came on the radio. Personally, I think you way under-seeded it. Has a 16 come back to win top spot yet? This might, maybe be the one.

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 11, 2018, 09:24:55 PM
How the fuck is American Woman still in this?  The original one was crap.  Lenny's remake was worse.  But it knocks off Californication and gets a gimme against Lou FucktardBega to stick around?

Nice to see you lose your cool, Chief.  Never would have expected that over music.

Steelgrave

Right, right....BB is always cool and rational when it comes to music....and politics    :coolsmiley: >:D

MetalDog

Quote from: Steelgrave on January 11, 2018, 09:26:14 PM
"Smooth" is a helluva song, one of those tunes that people would sing along to when it came on the radio. If anything, I think you under-seeded it. Has a 16 come back to win top spot yet? This might, maybe be the one.

There's a thread for that ;)

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19798.0

Being underseeded is the problem with doing matchups the way I do, looking for similar sounding songs/styles/popularity.  It's happened quite a few times actually.  Just a bit more prominent the last two weeks as I have done badly in the seeding.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Steelgrave on January 11, 2018, 09:27:45 PM
Right, right....BB is always cool and rational when it comes to music....and politics    :coolsmiley: >:D

I'm far more rational about politics than music
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Emeraldlis

I want smooth to win this bracket ....or American woman  ;)  showing how much I truly love both songs  :P
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

I have a good feeling I know what it's not going to be  :-"

Emeraldlis

I have a feeling your feelings are right  ;D I know at least two guys who ain't gonna be voting American Woman ( insert eye roll emoji) LOL  >:D
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog