The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on January 16, 2018, 09:25:55 PM
Off work tomorrow due to the freezing overnight.  May go in later Thursday once the sun can get out and melt some of this for good.  Definitely have to work Saturday :(

Let me elaborate on the Alabama insanity.  The Governor declared a weather emergency before the first flake hit the ground.  The schools closed, the universities closed, etc.... before the first flake hit the ground.  In Auburn we got 2-3 inches and at 11:00am almost all has melted off the pavement.  Ground is covered which is to me the best type of snow - looks great and not dangerous.

Having come from at least a somewhat snow region (Western NC) the Alabama snow response is amazing.  I am afraid of other drivers when there is actual snow & ice on the road since they don't know how to drive in it.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

And....  There goes the power. Per Duke, caused by downed trees should be back on in about 3 hours.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

Ok so whatever you think Toonces would do in this situation, do the opposite and you should be fine.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

So don't put on a pair of Uggs and down a bunch of whiskey shots.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

You talk about how much Hawaii sucks and embrace the snow?

mirth

Sir Slash

Freeze Warning here. I may get to use the fireplace again. And... where's that damned 'Heat' button on the thermostat again?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

What are all those brown things in the trees?  We don't have those up here.    ???
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Quote from: Gusington on January 17, 2018, 02:14:15 PM
Ok so whatever you think Toonces would do in this situation, do the opposite and you should be fine.

Whatevz.  I'm pretty sure I'm the poster child for winter coping mechanism success.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

Quote from: Toonces on January 17, 2018, 03:47:10 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 17, 2018, 02:14:15 PM

Whatevz.  I'm pretty sure I'm the poster child for winter coping mechanism success.

You sure are!

Gusington

^Yes, excellent reference, as well as JH's new sig avatar.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.