Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
...so if they do not move, they get to fire with no penalty?

Exactly, although smgs don't suffer a move and fire penalty and throw 2 dice for damage
Tech Talk / Re: Bitcoin Mining
« Last post by CptHowdy on Today at 12:03:14 AM »
can you POS more than one currency at a time? any exchanges recommended? do you need any certain amount in your wallet to begin?
« Last post by Windigo on Yesterday at 11:45:37 PM »
Excellent advice. No buts. Crypto currencies are highly volatile. If you are a conservative investor who doesn’t like 20% daily price swings or doesn’t want to research alt-coins... then this is not your kind of action.

Here’s a relatively safe bet crypto tip for you though. Monaco. They have teamed up with visa (yes the credit card company) and offer a credit card you pay for with the Monaco crypto currency.
« Last post by jomni on Yesterday at 11:43:06 PM »
Yes. Very good advice.  Only put in what you can afford lose. Put in only “play money”. Once you make a windfall, take the seed money out. It is very tempting to put more money in but you must control yourself. It might end up as a trap.

I’m a finance professional myself.  My money is still in conventional investments (unit trust and equities) earning dividends. I have some in SME lending.  Earn some royalties from my game too (hehe). And my retirement goal is to have a base big enough to give me enough dividends for daily living.

I’m just doing crypto out of curiosity.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Hearts of Iron IV
« Last post by jomni on Yesterday at 11:36:04 PM »
Man...im trying to learn to play this game but no matter how many YouTube videos I watch, I sit down and stare at the screen. There is just SO MUCH you can do. I play EU IV all the time too

Don’t worry the game can play itself without user input. Just watch and be entertained.
Organizations and Equipment / Re: Begun, The Drone Wars Have
« Last post by GDS_Starfury on Yesterday at 10:22:59 PM »
the Stingers were bought and paid for 25 years ago.  might as well use em or lose em.
Music, TV, Movies / The Terror
« Last post by WallysWorld on Yesterday at 10:04:15 PM »
From Ridley Scott and coming to AMC in March: The Terror trailer

I will definitely check this out.
Music, TV, Movies / Re: The X-Files...back this summer
« Last post by Sir Slash on Yesterday at 09:36:33 PM »
OK. So first two episodes were the expected Alien Virus Conspiracy crap but tonight.... No, back to what they do best, the scary, weird, funny occult thing. And it was great until..... They just had to go there. Mulder and Scully are sharing a quiet moment together pondering their future and Mulder quips, "And a President who's trying to destroy the FBI". Scully adds, "We'll probably lose our jobs". Booooo! Leave your damned politics out of my entertainment you preachy Bitches!  :tickedoff:   I'm used to the old show being edgy with an occasional veiled, snarky comment about things in America but these washed-out actors have no business dumping their Hollywood superiority attitudes on me, their consumer/ client. Chris Carter wrote this episode himself so he's got no excuse either. Like the guy said in the show, "Tell it to the hand G-Man".
Let it shine!
General Discussion / Re: Dogs
« Last post by jamus34 on Yesterday at 08:10:26 PM »
Their are older dogs in the pounds too mate, perhaps that would be an option for you?

I will mention it to my better half, but I don't think we could go through watching another dog aging and then dying. We are having a hard time of it right now with our 17-year-old Shih Tzu. We never had any children and our dogs have possibly meant as much to us as children do to their parents. But I appreciate your suggestion. Under other circumstances it would have been a great idea.

Edit: Adopting an older dog would still require trips to another town to get it groomed and this is something we just don't wish to do anymore. Although we are still competent drivers, age has taken its toll and we don't like driving in inclement weather or the heavier traffic of a town of more than 35,000 when we are accustomed to driving in a town of less than 2,000.

I'd advise to never come to New Jersey in that case as some of our larger townships regularly have 100k+ people.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10