The "Holy %$%# It's Hot Out There" Summer 2018 Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, April 02, 2018, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 16, 2018, 09:58:33 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 16, 2018, 09:42:30 AMI got 2 1/4 inches last night about 11pm.

hanging out at that bar again, were you?  ;)
Perv minds think alike... I thought that too.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: airboy on August 10, 2018, 09:41:32 PM
Brant - blaming California's fiscal problems on forest stupidity is just part of the problem.  One of the reasons they don't allocate much in the way of funds is because of the eco-loon vote in California.

My brother is an arborist.  I drink regularly with a couple of forestry faculty.  They think what California does in forest management is just stupid (both the liberal and the conservative forester agree on this).

The Sierra Club and other eco-loon outfits control California.  All logging is evil.  Even logging to take out dead trees.  Especially if a road has to be built, somewhere. 

Californians pay a high price for their mono-government.  Super high taxes, electricity prices, gasoline prices and forest fires.  All of these are policy choices and they have consequences.

So yes, I believe that their state policy is driven by eco-loons.  I think it is an apt description for their actions.

I think someone in CA might be reading Airboy's posts.  :bd:

http://www.kios.org/post/politics-wildfires-biggest-battle-californias-capital

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

OJsDad

We're starting to get smoke into NW Ohio from the western wild fires.  This is causing a bit of a haze. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

Forecast high in West TN today, low 80s.

WELCOME TO AUTUMN!  :D <:-) :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

acctingman

Seattle is in the mid 80's today with high humidity and an even larger chance of lung cancer from all the damn fires. It's no fun going outside today. I should be able to call in at work and say it's unhealthy for me to even step outside. This is gaming weather!!  :bd:

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on August 21, 2018, 01:06:52 PM
Don't check your 10 day forecast...

2 days later, sunrise is high 50s!  :smitten:

But supposedly we'll be back to low 90s for the highs. Which is plausible, this is West TN in August. But normally we'd be looking at over-100s in mid-to-late August. I know, I used to have to march around in band camp during this time.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

Next Wednesday, the county fair starts.  Highs in the 90's, rainy, humid.  Yep, typical weather for the fair. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

I am at the New York State Fair right now and its 70s during the day and 50s at night. Very nice but you still get that Fair Stank on you after a full day.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Anyone offer you a booster seat to sit on in the Bumper Cars? Sorry Man. I can never resist a cheap shot.  :peace:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

She didn't make you a pitcher of Kool-Aid? You must've not helped with the dishes.