Steam Lunar New Year Sale - or, Valve come up with yet another excuse for a sale

Started by Huw the Poo, February 05, 2016, 02:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Along with the summer sale, then the thanksgiving sale followed ridiculously quickly by the winter sale, there's now a lunar new year sale.

As with previous sales, it looks like daily deals are gone for good.  The price you see is the price you get through the length of the sale apparently.  Looks like it will last until 12 February.

Happy spending, I guess...

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Cambodian Orthodox Feast Day!!!! Already? I forgot to get you a Yak.  :-[
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Quote from: mirth on February 05, 2016, 02:55:56 PM
It's a new year somewhere!

...no, its 5 o'clock somewhere  Salute ^-^
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

chemkid

Quote from: Huw the Poo on February 05, 2016, 02:40:47 PM
Along with the summer sale, then the thanksgiving sale followed ridiculously quickly by the winter sale, there's now a lunar new year sale.

As with previous sales, it looks like daily deals are gone for good.  The price you see is the price you get through the length of the sale apparently.  Looks like it will last until 12 February.

Happy spending, I guess...
thank you! i wanted to get 'Chaos Reborn' - didn't like the HB offer, though... perfect timing.
cheers!

chem!

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 05, 2016, 03:27:54 PM
Cambodian Orthodox Feast Day!!!! Already? I forgot to get you a Yak.  :-[

Cambodians don't do yak. 

They're all about the water buffalo.

Sir Slash, I think you're getting Cambodian Orthodox Feast Day confused with Tibetan Boxing Day...

bbmike

Quote from: steve58 on February 05, 2016, 03:42:13 PM
Quote from: mirth on February 05, 2016, 02:55:56 PM
It's a new year somewhere!

...no, its 5 o'clock somewhere  Salute ^-^

I'm raising my glass of Barterhouse Bourbon right now. It was a rather nice Christmas gift.  :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

All I care about is that they didn't put XCOM 2 on sale a day after unlocking it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Boggit

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 05, 2016, 04:37:45 PM
Sir Slash, I think you're getting Cambodian Orthodox Feast Day confused with Tibetan Boxing Day...
No it's definitely Thai Boxing Day, unless Tibetan=Shaolin? ;D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

jomni

Skoop

The sale is on, but the only three games I am remotely interested in buying aren't on sale.

Squad, The Division, and Naval Action.

Bison

$30 for both Decisive Campaigns Warsaw to Paris and Case Blue is an awesome deal if you don't have them yet.

Sir Slash

I didn't even know Thai's boxed at all. I thought they did Kung Fu. And I thought a Yak was a Water Buffalo. That had turned Orthodox. By being circumcised. Or was that castrated? I get the two confused because both are against my beliefs--- leave THAT area as just like you got it. Anyway, $30 for both DC games is a deal. Too bad I already have them.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Arctic Blast

Oh hai, Thea : The Awakening, Runespell Overture and Geometry Wars 3...