Cracked.com nails it!

Started by MetalDog, February 01, 2016, 09:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Totally true.  All the way through.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Wes

Classic...and wisdom prevails by just skipping the first 7 Pro Tips and going with trusty #8...that way the liquor is mine...ALL MINE!
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

MetalDog

Thought that might catch someone's attention ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

panzerde

I am completely with Wes on this. Protip #8 is the only one that matters! Now that I'm past 50, it is no longer sad and pathetic that I sit here, drinking alone and shuffling paper chit around maps by myself. It's now charmingly eccentric. That's what I tell my wife and adult children when we argue about if it's time for me to go live in the "special" home...
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

W8taminute

Chiming in with my agreement that pro tip #8 is the only way to go.  In my experience when it comes to playing the board games you truly love you can count on people just plain sucking.  None of our friends outside of the wargaming community is going to sit down and play Twilight Imperium III with you so solitaire is the way to go. 

Remember when it comes to board wargames the only one you can trust to finish it is you. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Cyrano

You have all neglected the reverent attention paid in this wise video to booze.
Nothing quite like a fierce game of Catacombs under the influence of a Diet Lemmy.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806