Matrix 30% off coupon or Christmas Sale?

Started by airboy, October 09, 2017, 11:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I got a matrix coupon for 30% off for being a 9 year customer. 

My problem, I already own most everything from Matrix that I want.  The only possibilities are the three US Corps expansions of Panzer Corps or Polaris Sector.

But is it better to use the coupon now or wait for the Christmas sales?

I'm under time pressure because I'll be on the road for three weeks pretty soon, so I have to make a decision in the next ten days or so.

chemkid

if you're interested in cmano's upcoming dlc you could wait 2 weeks - imho, it's your best 30% off atm...

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/2379/Command.Shifting.Sands.is.coming.in.two.weeks!

how long till your coupon expires?

Grim.Reaper

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 09, 2017, 11:24:27 AM
Field of glory 2 releases this week...

I don't think their discount 'coupons' apply to the newest releases.

JasonPratt

The coupons stack with the Christmas sale; but I don't know when the loyalty coupons expire.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Blucher

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 09, 2017, 11:35:48 AM
The coupons stack with the Christmas sale; but I don't know when the loyalty coupons expire.

The last one I had said it expired after a month  :-\

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on October 09, 2017, 11:28:08 AM

Pretty sure it does...Believe I used my own coupon on Strategic Command when first released.

MC

Quote from: Blucher on October 09, 2017, 12:31:13 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on October 09, 2017, 11:35:48 AM

The last one I had said it expired after a month  :-\

Yep, the same for me. Not sure if it was a month or 30 days but not much difference one way or the other.

Rizik6

Is there some other criteria for coupons besides longevity and purchases?  The date on my account is 2004 and including add-ons and such around a hundred purchases.  I've never had a coupon.  My account says something like, "no coupons have been granted to this user."

Did I make someone mad?   :)

bobarossa

Definitely something wrong if you haven't gotten a coupon.  I'd put a comment on Matrix forum about it (2nd stickied thread under General Discussion).   I get mine in December and stack it with Christmas sale for great prices. 

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 09, 2017, 12:58:37 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 09, 2017, 11:28:08 AM

Pretty sure it does...Believe I used my own coupon on Strategic Command when first released.

Went back and looked at my order and I indeed used my coupon for a new release...so don't believe any limits unless they have changed since then.

Rizik6

Quote from: bobarossa on October 09, 2017, 03:00:56 PM
Definitely something wrong if you haven't gotten a coupon.  I'd put a comment on Matrix forum about it (2nd stickied thread under General Discussion).   I get mine in December and stack it with Christmas sale for great prices.

I'll give that a try.  Thanks.

Nefaro

I got a coupon sometime in the past year.  Didn't use it because wasn't any titles I really wanted at the time.  Pretty sure it expired after a few months.

Do they send those coupons out every year? 

Are they sent at the same time, for everyone, or on an individual sign-up anniversary basis?

I seem to recall only finally getting one in the past year... for a 13 or 14 year reward.   ???

Greybriar

Here's the official thread about Matrix Anniversary Coupons. The first post in it should answer all your questions.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Nefaro

Quote from: Greybriar on October 10, 2017, 11:52:08 AM
Here's the official thread about Matrix Anniversary Coupons. The first post in it should answer all your questions.

Thank you, Greybriar.  That was very helpful!   :)