Main Menu

Ain't No FRIDAY!

Started by bayonetbrant, April 13, 2018, 05:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 13, 2018, 01:32:36 PM
I loved Neverwinter Nights.  :smitten:

I am really liking the game so far, and to think I got it free too. I might try the Ultima IV mod that's for it.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

WYBaugh

Thread title made me think of this

Destraex

Jarhead. I must thank you. The star wars mod you led me to, ascendancy. Is very nice. I had a quick look at the Prophets mod as well. Not into HALO but prophets looks good, albeit probably much simpler and shell like in terms of gameplay and variety than the star wars mod?
We tried a 4x mod the other night and it added some things but was not appreciably better imho. New mechanics in sins are much appreciated. I find that in Sins that the research trees become a "just research everything as fast as possible" in mid-late game. Which kind of defeats the purpose of a tech tree. Fleet tactics being similarly simple in terms of brute forcing things. But damn it's satisfying for some reason.

Sins of the Prophets

Star Wars: Thrawn's Revenge II: Ascendancy
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion mod | Released Dec 3, 2017

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

bayonetbrant

it could've also been this, but I wanted to Lee Bains and the Glory Fires in front of y'all.  Check it out, it's a good groove

[yt]https://youtu.be/zz0JXbwNUk8[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tuna

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 13, 2018, 08:52:33 PM
it could've also been this, but I wanted to Lee Bains and the Glory Fires in front of y'all.  Check it out, it's a good groove

[yt]https://youtu.be/zz0JXbwNUk8[/yt]

Avetts are awesome, saw them a couple of years ago with my son at the Boston Gaaden.. Wish it was a smaller venue though.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on April 13, 2018, 08:45:39 PM
Jarhead. I must thank you. The star wars mod you led me to, ascendancy. Is very nice. I had a quick look at the Prophets mod as well. Not into HALO but prophets looks good, albeit probably much simpler and shell like in terms of gameplay and variety than the star wars mod?
We tried a 4x mod the other night and it added some things but was not appreciably better imho. New mechanics in sins are much appreciated. I find that in Sins that the research trees become a "just research everything as fast as possible" in mid-late game. Which kind of defeats the purpose of a tech tree. Fleet tactics being similarly simple in terms of brute forcing things. But damn it's satisfying for some reason.

Sins of the Prophets

Star Wars: Thrawn's Revenge II: Ascendancy
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion mod | Released Dec 3, 2017

Ascendancy is very good, but it is not the version of the mod I linked to. You should try Imperial Civil War version 2.2. It was released on 4/12/18.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: mirth on April 13, 2018, 11:14:17 AM
^hawt

Just War thunder.  Knocking back all the non-USA/UK stuff (that would be Japan, Italy, France, Russia and Germany) with the 76mm HVAP, a 50 cal and my bear hands.  i mean bare hands.  In the M18 Hellcat. 

Gusington

Loving Field of Glory II. Finished and beat the three tutorials and have moved on to a larger battle (Watling Street) as the British. Can't wait to try an epic battle and a campaign. Nice to have an alternative to TW now too, even though it's probably not fair to compare the two.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Dammit. I folded. I ended up buying Sins: Rebellion.

But then again with 15" of snow drifting along side the window of my apartment. Figured WHY NOT? :uglystupid2:
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 13, 2018, 08:36:54 AMHeading off for a week in Texas so will be busy packing and straitening up, etc.
Yeee-haaw! What part of Texas?

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Kushan

Didn't get much gaming in this weekend. In kind of a gaming funk right now. Spent 5 minutes here and there with WoW, Diablo, and EUIV.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

jomni

Quote from: Gusington on April 15, 2018, 05:03:00 PM
Loving Field of Glory II. Finished and beat the three tutorials and have moved on to a larger battle (Watling Street) as the British. Can't wait to try an epic battle and a campaign. Nice to have an alternative to TW now too, even though it's probably not fair to compare the two.

Yeah FoG 2 has more historical flavour. Better AI, more armies.

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 13, 2018, 08:36:54 AM
Quote from: Destraex on April 13, 2018, 07:51:37 AM
Sins of a Solar empire is being revisited by our group at the moment. Amazing game to play every now and then. Just very relaxing really.

Version 2.2 of the fantastic Star Wars mod Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War was just released yesterday. Check it out. I also enjoy the Halo mod, Sins of the Prophets.

I am confused. Is Version 2.2 of Star Wars mod Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War a Sins mod? The link you added in a subsequent post led to a mod of that name for a different game,  Star Wars: Empire at War-Forces of Corruption, not a Sins mod.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

Jomni I saw some of your scenarios in the Field of Glory 2 download section as well. Do you have content for Pike & Shot and Field of Glory 2? Plus, of course, the entire Sengoku Jidai game. You're a prolific gaming genius or something!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on April 15, 2018, 06:56:48 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 13, 2018, 08:36:54 AMHeading off for a week in Texas so will be busy packing and straitening up, etc.
Yeee-haaw! What part of Texas?

Austin!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18