Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by son_of_montfort, December 19, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 30, 2018, 01:30:50 PM
Honestly, when I saw that 26 Gig patch taking up four hours of download time, I uninstalled the game. I'm not playing it right now anyway, and if I'm going to be redownloading the dang thing every once in a while anyway, I'll wait until the patches settle down and download it ONCE. (...well, once more.)

Not sure why it would take that long! Mine took about 20-30minutes. Nevertheless, why not just download it before work or bed and it will be ready when you come back.

This game is phenomenal. I don't think I've found a game this immersive since Baldurs Gate 2. I've only had one crash and i haven't had any of the quest bugs others have. No issues
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

Yeah my dl time was also about 20 minutes.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I have a 2mb/sec download limit, more usually 1.7-1.9 in practice. And while my computer is very quiet for a 70 lb monster, it's still got a bunch of fans and things running, so it keeps me half awake at night.

I could run it while at work, and I do for other projects (like uploading videos), but if I'm not even playing the game at this time, then why bother? I'll just give the devs some time to stomp more bugs and come back to it later.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jomni

It's now discounted on Steam. Did anyone finish this already?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

glen55

Quote from: jomni on May 22, 2018, 07:43:53 PM
It's now discounted on Steam. Did anyone finish this already?

I never finished, but I played through til almost the end twice. (Not really a finisher.)

Now I crave DLC and expansions. Great game.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

SirAndrewD

Yeah, didn't finish here either.  I intend to though.  A break was needed after the release of Far Cry 5 and Battletech.  It's on the list for later.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Are there any plans for expansions?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Yeah but no one is even finishing the original.

glen55

Quote from: jomni on May 23, 2018, 08:33:23 PM

What is this "finishing?" I have little comprehension of this concept as it relates to games.

As it applied to this one, I haven't engaged in the "finishing" activity, but I've got well over 100 hours into it and am planning to start up my 3rd go-round soon.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

jomni

Quote from: glen55 on May 23, 2018, 10:01:43 PM
Quote from: jomni on May 23, 2018, 08:33:23 PM

What is this "finishing?" I have little comprehension of this concept as it relates to games.

As it applied to this one, I haven't engaged in the "finishing" activity, but I've got well over 100 hours into it and am planning to start up my 3rd go-round soon.

Well, I meant the story.  This type of games should have a story right? But of course there's lot to do extra.
Unless there's very little story in it and the story is actually the extra. 

Ian C

'The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon'.

Is this just a blatant opportunity for cashing in on gratuitous revelry, drunkenness, sex and violence?

I hope so.

Gusington

Kingdom Come - Deliverance - The Finishing

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd