Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by son_of_montfort, December 19, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 13, 2018, 09:00:14 PM
Have you entered combat?

Outside of training, I got into a fist fight and kicked the guys a$$. Guy owed my dad money and had the nerve to call me the son of a whore, when I politely asked him for even a partial payment.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

^ :2funny:
This thread is gold, Jerry, gold!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Man, this game needs some settings for tweaking the head-bob and weaving and various edgy crap. I don't easily get dizzy in first-person games, but this has me spinning a bit.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Also, the gamecode currently sets my gamma awfully high when exiting! -- shouldn't be affecting my normal gamma levels at all.  >:(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

trek

I'm running the game fine on Ultra settings. I've just confronted Kunesh and chose the dialogue option of telling him my Dad would come back and kick his ass. (I've seen several walkthrough videos on youtube where Henry got slaughtered by Kunesh). So, JH if you won the fight with him you're already doing damn good.

Anyway, I left his house and then sneaked back and took the axe out of the stump while he wasn't looking but I can't find any hammer and nails. I've looked everywhere, even inside Kunesh's house. I suspect the axe is all you need to complete the quest. BTW, is there something marked on the quest screen to notify you when you have successfully completed a quest? Maybe I'm getting tired from lack of sleep and haven't found an indicator yet. Think I'll hit the sack and come back to KCD tomorrow.

Also the mod fix for game saves is working great. So far, I'm really enjoying the gameplay and pacing of KCD. I already feel immersed in the medieval world and the interaction with the characters.

jomni

How many hours do you think the gameplay is?

Yskonyn

I ganged up on Kunesh with my buddies after throwing horse shit at the wall of Deutsch's house.
Hilarious.

Kunesh didn't stand a chance.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

MikeGER

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 13, 2018, 09:06:58 PM
I got into a fist fight and kicked the guys a$$. Guy owed my dad money and had the nerve to call me the son of a whore, when I politely asked him for even a partial payment.

This is our Jarhead O0  \m/
-edit -   and our Yskonyn :)

i actually thought that when i was watching a Let's Play by a German (family friendly channel, so often a peaceful/talk approach) YouTuber
he didn't dare to fight cause "he didn't knew the stats of the opponent", sneaked in the house found a trunk and it says: get lock picks from your buddies at the tavern. he went there listen in to some political conversations, was to chamberlain and PC to help his buddies with the prank, but nevertheless finally got the lock picks, tried to open the trunk, broke all the 4 lockpicks he had ...and had went to his father with his tail between his legs, to tell that that guy was to rude to overcome....

i was shouting at my screen: Writing Bull (the nick of the Let's player) go grow some balls! ...and thought when JH is playtesting he will get a different result ;D   

SirAndrewD

As a History teacher I didn't get far in this tonight.  I kept pausing and yelling at my wife about the historical background that was going on in the game I was playing. 

Didn't get very far.   But but it was fun for what I did finish. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

I played this one today as well. Really loving the historical authenticity. The combat is seriously challenging and this is the way it should be.
Jarhead, I kicked the first guys arse after realising that right mouse attack was better. Even my 8yr old PC can run this on ultra high. However the game does have it's share of memory leaks or loading pauses from time to time. Then you go back and play the same scene (I showed my son some cut scenes and his homework happened to be about medieval men and womens lives) and it's smooth as a babies bottom.

This is like what the actual warhammer factions should have been had they not been fantasy.... and set a lot earlier. The armour is gorgeous. I just don't think it is modelled in the combat fights. I saw one cut scene where slashing across lamellar armour seemed to kill people. So not sure about the armour physics yet. If at all. Still all in all it's like watching a AAA movie that is historical and very detailed. You really do learn a lot about medieval life.

This game (since I only played 5 minutes of skyrim before putting it down) has showed me something new. Made me excited to learn how to fight in game proper... because it is actually hard.

It's historical and well researched SKYRIM for Destraex. The combat is certainly better than SKYRIMs by a longshot but it's still not War of the Roses good because it had to be a system compatible with consoles, I would say, thus you cannot use the mouse to swing at whatever angle you want at whatever physical enemy part you want. As you could in roses. But you do swing 6 ways which is fine by me. You have Centre, overhead, left, right and two up strokes I think. Then you have a to stab or slash on each of those angles or defend on the same angles. That is a fair few ways of doing things.
But like skyrim I don't think armour matters other than to be a health buff to your character. But I really don't know about that at this early stage.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

I honestly didn't find the fight sequence with Kunesh too challenging. The key was to keep moving and manage stamina. The thing that bothered me was that his face got all banged up during the fight, but as soon as it was over and he gave up, his wounds disappeared so I couldn't admire my handy Work!

Anyway, the hammer and nails are in a chest in his house. The chests are easy to miss. I needed to sell all three items in order to have enough money for the coal.

It will be cool to read about other ways in which you guys go about completing the quests. It's cool that by accepting the Deutsch mission you could enlist your buddies to help you with kunesh. I declined to go on the manure throwing raid.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

I am a little amazed to read Very High and Ultra arent a problem for ypu guys.
My i5 4670K and GTX1080 need to crunch hard and framerate is very inconsistent.
I do run at 4K, maybe thats the issue... ?

I didn't have enough money, even after bartering, from the Hammer alone.
So I sold one lockpick as well for quite a bit (even more with bartering). So I still have quite some spare change in my pocket.
Perhaps I can give the Lady of Talmberg a few glimmers for some handywork. She seems receptive.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on February 14, 2018, 07:25:10 AM
I am a little amazed to read Very High and Ultra arent a problem for ypu guys.
My i5 4670K and GTX1080 need to crunch hard and framerate is very inconsistent.
I do run at 4K, maybe thats the issue... ?

I'm running on ultra settings, 4K and there isn't any noticeable lag or drop in fps. The only settings I have on very high are shaders and shadows. How much ram do you have? Maybe that's the issue for you?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog