Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by son_of_montfort, December 19, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

trek

Oh, almost forgot. The developers have already announced that they will institute a proper save system in an upcoming patch. They will also make lock-picking much easier to deal with. Lot of complaints about both of these two items everywhere. I'm still using the mod save-fix until the patch arrives.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 15, 2018, 08:20:35 AM
Gestalt = Geralt?

Yeah...thats him. Whatever the f*ck that douchebag's name is.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Quote from: trek on February 15, 2018, 08:21:22 AM
Oh, almost forgot. The developers have already announced that they will institute a proper save system in an upcoming patch. They will also make lock-picking much easier to deal with. Lot of complaints about both of these two items everywhere. I'm still using the mod save-fix until the patch arrives.

That's good news. I find a lot of the "mini-games" are not very intuitive...lock-picking and haggling included. When I try to haggle, half the time I end up offering more than the trader was asking...WTF?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mikeck

That WAB review was fantastic. Finally someone who has the patience to play the game as it's intended. I went ahead and bought it but will wait for the upcoming save game patch to start

It's so frustrating reading these steam forum comments whining about how hard it is or that it's on rails and slow (totally ignoring that the first 6 hours or so is tutorial)
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Pete Dero

Gusington

I have it and am waiting a week or two for the initial tweaks like the save system to be implemented too. Happy to see that it is selling well and has received a pretty good reception so far. As of last night the PC version had a 76 on Metacritic.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I'm glad that the game seems to be attracting the kind of players who for the most part are smart enough to understand what the game is trying to be and what it is not trying to be and appreciate it more so because of it. I could very easily see a lot of players buying it under the mistaken impression that it is the next "For Honor" and then blasting the game for failing to deliver the kind of "run and sword" twitch-fest they are expecting.

The overall positive reviews seem to reflect this.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Restoring our faith in gaming humanity.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Hmmmm, resistance weakening...   ???
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

It comes with a KCD branded wrist sun dial.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

I'm going to wait on the patch.

There's some large pauses in game (it's installed on my SSD and I have 16GB RAM...plenty good enough), it's messing with the gamma on my monitor when I exit game (as someone else has pointed out) and I'm bored flinging dung at the house (crash) - so the manual save in the patch will help.
Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

I noticed after the hotpatch yesterday, the game doesn't seem to be messing with my main gamma settings when I quit it (although I did have to re-set my ingame gamma again.)

I didn't have enough time to devote in a block to playing it yesterday, but I hope to alter that deal soon.  :knuppel2: (But I may also just wait for the save-anywhere patch, too, as an excuse to work on other things.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Ian C

I'm hooked so far, but the inability to pause during a cutscene and the progress loss between auto saves is appalling.
I took a phone call during the cutscene where the guy comes to pick up his sword - no way to pause - and by the time I got back, my character had died. Loading took me right back to the freakin start of the dung-flinging fight and I lost lost of all my experience. Had to re-do all the tasks again. I hope they at least add a quick-save.

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 15, 2018, 02:13:56 PM
I'm going to wait on the patch.

Might be a two weeks wait. 

https://www.pcgamesn.com/kingdom-come-deliverance/kingdom-come-deliverance-bugs-patch

It'll take two weeks to fix bugs affecting gameplay in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Despite a day-one patch more than 20GB in size, the game's creative director Daniel Vavra says fixes won't be released until some time around the end of the month.