Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Started by Gusington, July 30, 2013, 06:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Curious...why are you interested in this now?

It was way too linear for me the first time I tried it out a few years back, and linearity usually doesn't bother me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on February 14, 2018, 09:45:09 PM
Curious...why are you interested in this now?

It was way too linear for me the first time I tried it out a few years back, and linearity usually doesn't bother me.

Saw it at the library tonight. Looked interesting. Read some reviews when I got home and those were mostly good.

Plus, I saw that Jason Isaacs did some of the voice work and I've been on a Jason Isaacs kick lately (just watched him in Brotherhood and Star Trek Discovery).

Mainly, it's different from what I normally play. For $22, I'm willing to give it a try.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Sure you can't get it for less? I got it at some Steam sale for like 8 dollah a few years ago. 22 too boo koo.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on February 14, 2018, 09:59:14 PM
Sure you can't get it for less? I got it at some Steam sale for like 8 dollah a few years ago. 22 too boo koo.

I bought it for Xbox with all the extra content. Same version for PC is currently going for $30 on steam.

This is something I'd rather play on console, honestly.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

Don't you have a gamepad for the PC? I guess it doesn't really matter for this game in particular.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Nope. And these days I only have laptops for computers. I have a monitor I can plug into the laptop, but it's simpler to just fire up the Xbox and sit in front of the TV. I still game on the Windows laptop and Macbook, but some games I prefer to play on console.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

JasonPratt

Jason Isaacs is great for the four minutes he shows up at the end of the game.

Just so you know.

PatStew gets a lot more airtime.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 15, 2018, 08:31:31 AM
Jason Isaacs is great for the four minutes he shows up at the end of the game.

Just so you know.

I'll take it. The voice cast overall is pretty impressive.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

JasonPratt

Fwiw, I beat LoS1 the first two or three times on my PS3.  O0

I picked it up on Steam long ago as part of a holiday deep discount sale. I think I played it once that way in prep for finally getting around to LoS2.

Oh, I suppose you'll already expect, this being a CV game, to expect some platforming. It's pretty light, however; much more like the God of War series than the Prince of Persia Sands quad.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

I'm looking forward trying it. Should arrive tomorrow.

Gusington

The question really is - will you be ok. I know the answer.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd