Pirates 6 to ditch Depp for....

Started by JasonPratt, November 17, 2018, 11:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Well, I can't say this is a surprise exactly, since unless Depp pulled his life substantially back together his own performance sunk Pirates 5. (Pun entirely intended.)

Nor apparently will there be a continuation of the tease of returning mega-villain Davy Jones (which would be lame and desperate, but then so was abandoning the culmination of the original trilogy to make Will Turner cursed like Jones for no reason).

No, they're going to try rebooting the series (probably a good idea) and base the crazy-pirate character on the theme-park character who used to be "the bride" but who is now "Redd" -- a woman pirate loosely inspired by Anne Bonny.

As long as the writing picks back up in wit and ingenuity, and the acting adjusts back to par, that'll be fine with me! -- though recent experience worries me that they're going to substitute virtue signalling for actual creativity.  ::) The temptation will remain strong for that anyway.

Still, fingers crossed, hope for the best.  :dreamer:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!