Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethel the Frog

10 each for my guys.  The rest in faction cash.

Ethel the Frog

Also,  if and when I can, a priesthood to Larizonas senator of choice in thanks for his support.

JasonPratt

Heh, La'rizona.  8)

I'll set that up first thing for the Senate Phase, which is when priesthoods can be conferred. It'll be on Paullus, since he's the only Conservative senator without one yet.

We're missing Tripoli and AzTank's distributions still.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 13, 2019, 05:34:12 PM
Heh, La'rizona.  8)

I'll set that up first thing for the Senate Phase, which is when priesthoods can be conferred. It'll be on Paullus, since he's the only Conservative senator without one yet.

We're missing Tripoli and AzTank's distributions still.

3 to each of them.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Tripoli

Quick question: Can Manlius buy a knight while deployed?  If he can, 5 to Manlius who buys a knight.  Otherwise, 5 to Julius, who buys a knight.  25 to Aelius who donates it to the treasury for the influence.  Another 15 to Aelius on general principles.  ;)  And remainder (48-5-25-10=8) to faction cash.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

Oh, that's a good question! I'll have to check this afternoon. I think senators outside Rome do receive distribution as well as usual incomes -- even when they're captured. (They just can't send income or any other cash back when captured.)

Whether they can spend personal cash on Forum Phase projects when outside Rome, I'll have to check.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Fortunately I have a copy of the Living Rules at work, and a fairly updated copy of my Sabrerule compilation flowchart.

Players can indeed Distribute their cash among any of their senators whether in Rome or not. (Including to captive senators, though the Faction cannot collect from Captives until ransomed or rescued.)

For Persuading senators, your Persuading senator must be in Rome, but his target doesn't have to be. So Manlius cannot try to Persuade Sulpy, for example, but Cornelius, for example, could try to Persuade Manlius.

For Persuading knights, I saw no excluding conditions. (Captive senators by implication cannot, since they can only receive cash not spend it until they paid for their freedom or have been rescued.)

Senators don't have to be in Rome to Sponsor Games.

New Faction Leader assignments don't have to be in Rome either.

Ethel the Frog

If it is not too late, I will do a different cash allocation.28 to Acilius, 8 to each of the others and remainder to Faction cash.  A knight for fulvius and Acilius to sponsor lavish games spending 18 cash for 3 popularity.

If it is too late, then still the knight to Fulvius, and Acilius will sponsor the most expensive games he can. 

JasonPratt

Not too late, no problem. :) I'll be resolving everyone's financials this afternoon, then doing Rome's financials, and then (assuming y'all aren't broke yet) going on to start the Forum Phase, with I.I.'s Aristocrats if I recall correctly. (I think his Field Consul is the HRAO.)

That means Erax will be last around the table, which will suit him being afk until Wednesday.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Tripoli on January 14, 2019, 11:53:06 AM
25 to Aelius who donates it to the treasury for the influence.  Another 15 to Aelius on general principles.  ;)  And remainder (48-5-25-10=8) to faction cash.

While your math is correct, I can't tell whether you want me to distribute 15 to Aelius or 10! -- if you want to donate 15, it'll be 3 cash left over.

JasonPratt

On adjustments now...

Cato of the Populists donates his 10 to the Republic. Influence up 1 to 5; total Influence up to 19. Republic cash up 10 to 16.

Plautius of the Progressives donates 20 to the Republic, 1 Influence to 3, total Influence 21. Republic cash up to 36.

Aelius of the Militarists donates 25 to the Republic, up to 51 cash; up 2 Influence to 20, total Influence up to 24.

Tripoli can clarify how much he's keeping and how much else goes to Aelius as we move along.

JasonPratt

This ends segment 2.

Segment 3, Republic income: 51 starting cash; +80 normal income; +50 for Allied Enthusiasm promises last Turn; -10 3rd Samnite War; -20 1st Punic War; -2x (7+15=22 units) = new Republic total 107 Talents, phew!

This ends segment 3, and the Revenue Phase.

JasonPratt

TURN TEN -- FORUM PHASE
-----------------------

Allied Enthusiasm removed from the Forum. Spolia Opima remains, as does the independent senator Sulpy and his 28 personal cash.

Scipio as Field Consul is the highest ranking available officer, so the table-round will start with I.I.'s Aristocrats and go clockwise. No dice-roller in the new forum engine yet (mental note that I keep forgetting to bug Jarhead or someone about it), so I'll have to roll TTS.

16 Scenario cards remain before the Middle Provincial Era might trigger.

I.I.'s Aristocrats roll 4+1, which is a Scenario draw.

It's the 1st Gallic War.

The little sword and shield after the date means the war goes Active immediately: the Gauls are back to invade Italy.

This is the first War to indicate that it will attack Roman Provinces. Technically, it isn't possible for the 1st Gallic War to attack "Gallia Cisaplina", since you can't get that Province without beating the 1st Gallic! -- but all three Gallic Wars are printed this way for convenience. (It's theoretically possible you might have picked up one or both of the other Gallias before drawing this War, and it would attack both of them; similarly if you beat this War quickly enough to create the Cisaplina Province, future Gallic Wars will attack it.)

Fortunately, while tough (force 10), this is purely a land War and needs no Fleets. Also, while it has two Matching Wars, you only have to worry about one more of them during this Era.

I.I. left no instructions on how to spend his cash, so I'll pause here.

JasonPratt

Allow me to mention as a reminder, that three Active Wars is a dangerous situation for the Republic.

Because while the Republic can survive three Wars at the end of the Combat Phase, 4+ Active Wars at the end of the Combat Phase means game over: everyone loses.

The only way around that, is if the Highest Ranking Available Officer in Rome at the end of the Combat Phase, is a Militarist senator. Then the people have confidence to get through the crisis.

But of course, if there are two or three fatal crises at the same time, that'll be the end: there can't be two or more Last Ditch HRAO's at the same time!

(There kind of can be, since the Last Ditch triggers don't necessarily overlap. For example, the Republic could get past a fatal unrest once with a Populist HRAO delivering the State of the Republic, and then plan a Militarist senator to be HRAO at the end of a Combat Phase to avoid the 4+War fatality. But then a Militarist will be HRAO during the next Population Phase, so Unrest had better be sufficiently managed fast and with good luck...!)

Anyway, the Republic now has 3 Active Wars. And I.I. was only the first Player around the board. It is entirely possible, due to the random shuffle, that one or two, or even three more Wars (though that's unlikely) may activate before the Senate Phase.

IncompetentIdiot

Automatic knight and faction leadership to Quinctius.