The sound of LongBlade's moistened loins

Started by BanzaiCat, July 31, 2018, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

JasonPratt

As previously noted, it looks legit. Except for Arthur's weird Southern Fried Bear Puncher accent.  ???
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 31, 2018, 09:13:11 PM
As previously noted, it looks legit. Except for Arthur's weird Southern Fried Bear Puncher accent.  ???

That's a Downeast Maine accent :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

Doesn't look too bad.  Trying hard to immolate Marvel with the humor. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

Thor underwater, under budget, and in his under ware. Understand?  L:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

Actually, I was thinking Thor when I watched the preview. Not saying it will be good, but better so far than most of DC's movies with main characters that have parent issue and want to kill themselves through most of the movie.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

Half in the Bag did a number on this trailer in a recent video (they mocked almost all the trailers from Comic Con).

It's a pretty meh/overworked plot - brother wants to take over the world, Aquaman stops him, yawwwn.

I think everything decent about this movie is, like every other damn DC trailer, in the actual trailer.

I'm hoping Shazam is an exception to that trend.

Sir Slash

I've always felt that Marvel's plots are retreads, Dr. Strange was Tony Stark with magic, Black Panther was Thor in Africa, and Guardians of the Galaxy were The Avengers in space. But they do the movies so well you watch them anyway because you like the characters and want to see them win/resolve their personal problems.

This movie will only succeed if the Aquaman character is both sympathetic and somewhat believable. I don't know if Momosa or whatever his name is, can pull that off. He seems kind of 'wooden' to me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.