"The Death Ride of Jean Lannes" -- Game Time Is...

Started by Cyrano, July 23, 2018, 08:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatricvs

Yeah but the short fella hasn't even had a chance to go find his white horse, get on it and move anywhere near the field of battle....he is still just drumming his fingers upon his small writing desk thinking that something must be going on, somewhere, to someone.. it's just about knowing who and where and when!

Cyrano

1430, 17th April, 1809!

The KS is always instructive at some level.

Now wondering just how lunatic the Emperor would have been getting in his carriage getting all these dispatches and being unable to do all that much to intervene in events.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

1630, 17th April, 1809!

Many missives are now out.

Check your In boxes!!

Cyrano

1730, 17th April, 1809!

Now that one took some doing.

Good luck out there, commanders!!

Cyrano

1830, 17th April, 1809!

Whisking through day two now!

JasonPratt

Hm. I'm going to take that as either good or bad news for us.  :bd: <:-) #:-) :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

Cyrano

Also, I have now received a dispatch entirely in German.

That is a first...

Made my day, really.

Cyrano

1930, 17th April, 1809!

And nighttime is coming.

2130 is dusk, 2230 full dark.

Cyrano

Cyrano

And, for the record, it would seem we're driving along at a brisk pace of two days every three months!!  Almost.  Because the 17th isn't over.

JasonPratt

That isn't even necessarily sarcasm! -- although the first few days of the prior game clicked along faster, there was less combat action at the start by proportion, and we ended up going... what was it, ten days in a year and a half?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

2130, 17th April, 1809!

And that is DUSK, people.

Full dark in one hour and then a quick push to what will be a BRUTAL run of fatigue calculations...

Cyrano

2230, 17th April, 1809!

And it is DARK!

WHEW!

What a day, indeed.

I will click pretty quickly to midnight fatigue and dawn comes early in these parts!