100 Mile Ride to Nowhere that you should still care about

Started by bayonetbrant, June 25, 2018, 10:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Our GrogCast theme composer, Andy Martin, is on a fund-raising Peloton ride, to raise money for breast cancer research, following the loss of his wife last year to that horrid disease.  Details here.  Please spread the word, and help as you can. Thanks!

https://att.yourcause.com/public#/fundraising/3816

exceprt
QuoteOn February 11th, 2018, my wife Teri of 20 years finished her 9-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. For her birthday this year, the first since she's been gone, I wanted to do something special to honor her and start an annual fundraiser for her favorite cancer charity, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. As part of this charity drive, I'll be doing a "Century Ride", 100-miles on my Peloton cycle. The Peloton has become a symbol of my commitment to her before she died of getting back into better physical condition after years of inactivity, stress, and bad eating while being her caregiver, caring for our 3 children with autism, and being the sole income for the family. I invested in the bike and started riding 2 weeks after she passed, having the bike in the same location in our home that her hospice bed was in to remind me of that commitment.

I also plan to live-stream the ride on the final day of the fundraiser, allowing for friends and family (and anyone else interested) to check in on me during the ride, see what mile marker I'm at, and what the donation totals are. I'll include links to the Facebook and YouTube live-streams as it gets closer to end of the fundraising campaign.

Thank you for your support in this fundraising effort for a wonderful charity, in honor of the strongest woman I've ever known.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers