Amazon screws up Audible Gifting

Started by solops, June 09, 2018, 05:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

I am ticked and I want to post about it. I have been buying audiobooks for over a decade and I like to give books sometimes. I sometimes want to send a particular book to a particular person. Audible let me do this. I could pay for a book and at checkout I could gift it to someone's e-mail. When Amazon bought Audible, I was concerned. That concern is was justified. Today I went online to get three particular books to send my son...and I could not. I investigated and was told by Amazon:

"At this time there are no plans to bring back the ability to purchase individual gift books in the future. All gifts sent or received prior to the discontinuation of Give As a Gift will still be honored. We encourage you to explore our Gift Membership options or to use Send This Book to share the Audible experience with a friend. Send this Book allows you to send the audiobooks in your library to friends and family. It is free for you to send. And if it is your recipient's first time accepting an audiobook through this feature, it will be free for her/him. Members and non-members can redeem titles and once redeemed, can send that book to others using Send this Book. Currently, this feature is only available for U.S. customers using Audible apps for Android, Windows 10, or iOS. Simply tap "Send this Book" from your app, choose the method to send the title and enter the recipients' information. "

OK. I do not want to send a gift membership, or a credit, I want to send a book. I use Win7, not those other OS's. I do not use an "App". I may want to give a book that is not in my library. And if I have it in my library, I want it to stay there, I do not want it to disappear if I "Gift" it.

I'm pissed. WHY would they make it HARDER for me to spend my money????
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

airboy

Sounds irritating.  Can you put your son on your account?  We have added people before and if they are on the account they can access it.

Still, sorry for your problem and wish it had not happened.  The only reason I can think of for this is to get more people to tie into the amazon system.  I've "gifted" gift cards, sent physical books and other stuff to different addresses, etc.... with physical purchases.