Main Menu

Ancestors Legacy?

Started by Jarhead0331, May 22, 2018, 04:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Anyone thinking of picking this up? Same crew that made the semi-controversial game, Hatred.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/620590/Ancestors_Legacy/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

Yeah, these 58 year old reflexes don't do RTS. Hell, sometimes I need a pause button in real life  ::)

Gusington

I'm waiting for someone else to go first...it's been on my wishlist forever.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Well, it is receiving very favorable reviews. Gus, I think you should take this one for the team.

All in favor?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

MC

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 22, 2018, 06:50:22 PM
Well, it is receiving very favorable reviews. Gus, I think you should take this one for the team.

All in favor?

:bd:

Steelgrave

Gusington

Hmm Strategy Gamer gives it an 80% (via Metacrtitic) and the Steam reviews are 96% positive!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Looks like, "The Last Kingdom: The Computer Game". That's not a bad thing. I'm down with Gus taking one for the team anytime but especially on this one.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FarAway Sooner

For myself, I don't see any downside to Gus acquiring the game and giving us all a brief review...

:hug:

Bardolph

Go here:
https://steamdb.info/app/720380/

Click on Free in the upper right corner and you can download the multiplayer beta. Still works, and you can set bot opponents if you host a private game.

I've only given it a brief, distracted play so far. Didn't read the directions, couldn't figure out how to build anything other than scouts and tents while I was not paying attention and my poor little starter squad got steamrolled.
Art is passable, game is kinda heavy on the gore/violence angle (guess its this dev's thing, they did that Hatred game too lol) gameplay reminded me mostly of Company of Heroes with pointed sticks. Music is Viking Death Folk. Will give it a better try directly.

GeneralHawk

Enjoying it so far. Yep, Company of heroes but with vikings and britons seems like most exact comparison!
Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Ancestors Legacy is a fun little game I got for $10 off one of the usual sites G2A I think it was.

* Good Graphics
* Good Battle Camera
* Classic Company of Heroes style RTS gameplay in a medieval setting
* 10 unit limit
* Unit upgrades
* Typical COH style campaigns for each of the 4 factions.
* 1 Hero\general per faction

Having fun with ancestors legacy atm. Got it for $10 off G2A. This seems to be from either the men of war 2 devs or somebody associated. So far it plays like that old game Praetorian crossed with men of war. You burn and pillage to capture villages and then get the peasants to gather resources for you. But their is no micro management of peasants. The formations are no good but the combat, considering you can play vikings, slavs, anglo saxons or gemans is what you would expect. Skirmish level bands of raiders going at it. You get a glorious leader hero as well. I guess it smacks of Dawn of War 2 if I was to compare it closely to one title.

I don't think their is much depth though which seems sad. But will see how I go. Great little game for some quick RTS action.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

This is NOT from the same developers of Men of War. As stated in the IP, it is from the developers of the game Hatred. They also made a little game called IS Defense.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog