Front Office Football Joins OOTP

Started by Grim.Reaper, February 20, 2018, 08:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Pretty big news......Front Office Football has joined the stable of OOTP.  Previously OOTP tried to create their own football game, but their developer fell on bad health and recently passed away.  Looks like OOTP decided to fill the void with bringing on FOF.  To be honest, not sure why they didn't start there from the beginning, but glad to see this happening.  Sounds like the first OOTP version will happen later in 2018, mostly getting it into the OOTP skin and adding a few features.  Certainly a first day buy for me and look forward to seeing what they can do with it over the next few years.

Announcement
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=285358

jamus34

Can't say I've ever played FOF but if they can do it as well as OOTP then I'm game!
Insert witty comment here.

BanzaiCat

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: jamus34 on February 20, 2018, 08:44:44 PM
Can't say I've ever played FOF but if they can do it as well as OOTP then I'm game!

Pretty much FOF is the king of american football for career based games.....if they can marry the good sim engine from FOF and a usable user interface, could be a great thing.

DennisS

I have been a member of the OOTP forums since 2002. One of the original members, in fact.

I have also played FoF for many, many years. My favorite, by far, was the college version. I would love to see that specific version given the OOTP treatment.

Having said all this, their hockey game is still struggling to get the formula right. It isn't a bad game..just not real user friendly.

glen55

Great news, and I am with DennisS, I particularly hope they bring back FOF:TCY (Front Office Football: The College Years). For you NFL fans, though, regular FOF is just as good.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 20, 2018, 08:10:31 PM
Pretty big news......Front Office Football has joined the stable of OOTP.  Previously OOTP tried to create their own football game, but their developer fell on bad health and recently passed away.  Looks like OOTP decided to fill the void with bringing on FOF.  To be honest, not sure why they didn't start there from the beginning, but glad to see this happening.  Sounds like the first OOTP version will happen later in 2018, mostly getting it into the OOTP skin and adding a few features.  Certainly a first day buy for me and look forward to seeing what they can do with it over the next few years.

Announcement
+1

I thought they were making their own football game? Did they decide to just aquire another package? Not fussed either way...a football game in the guise of OOTP is great news...but I was waiting very patiently for their football game.
Alba gu' brath

Arctic Blast

NICE! This is a combination that just makes too much sense.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 21, 2018, 01:14:20 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 20, 2018, 08:10:31 PM

Announcement
+1

I thought they were making their own football game? Did they decide to just aquire another package? Not fussed either way...a football game in the guise of OOTP is great news...but I was waiting very patiently for their football game.

the original developer of their version recently passed away.  even that developer was bringing his started version of his own engine.  so they never had anything new themselves.  but since the other developer of course can't implement the original vision, getting fof makes sense.  in fact, they probably should have joined together from the start since fof has loyal following from many years plus is the best available.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: DennisS on February 20, 2018, 10:03:10 PM
I have been a member of the OOTP forums since 2002. One of the original members, in fact.

I have also played FoF for many, many years. My favorite, by far, was the college version. I would love to see that specific version given the OOTP treatment.

Having said all this, their hockey game is still struggling to get the formula right. It isn't a bad game..just not real user friendly.

yep me too...been following and playing ootp almost from the start and also fof, tcy, etc.  i bet some day they either bring in tcy or find a way to combine with fof into one version.  as for hockey, i own that as well.  it has come a long way since the first version and we have give it a little time since it is like 15-16 versions behind the baseball game with different developers.  it's really the only career hockey game being actively maintained so i think it will get there.

JudgeDredd

Shame about the developer, but FoF getting the OOTP treatment is a superb idea.
Alba gu' brath

bbmike

If they sprinkle in 3D graphics like in OOTP it would be AWESOME!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bbmike on February 21, 2018, 06:27:23 AM
If they sprinkle in 3D graphics like in OOTP it would be AWESOME!

i am sure it will come at some point, i suspect this years version will be primarily a facelift of current game

BanzaiCat

Played a lot of Front Page Sports Football '95 back in the day, but really haven't gotten into any football sims like that one since.

Tried to play Madden but meh, tried the Head Coach game some time ago but meh also.

jamus34

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 21, 2018, 09:49:51 AM
Played a lot of Front Page Sports Football '95 back in the day, but really haven't gotten into any football sims like that one since.

Tried to play Madden but meh, tried the Head Coach game some time ago but meh also.

Probably the greatest football game ever created.
Insert witty comment here.