Steam "Lunar New Year Sale"

Started by Rayfer, February 15, 2018, 03:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Quote from: OJsDad on February 17, 2018, 09:12:03 AM
Huw,

The game has change a lot since initial release.  There is a huge release coming out this next week which is going to massively change the game again. 

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-105-2-0-cherryh-patch-notes.1069794/

(Disclaimer: my snark is not directed at you - rather, at Paradox)

Yeah yeah, I've heard it many times before.  Every update was supposed to be the one that addressed all the complaints and made everything better.  I got into an argument with Johan on Reddit about it just before the release of one of them.  He said I should wait and see what it does before criticising, and as I pointed out at the time, I'd been "waiting and seeing" for over a year while issues present at release were still not fixed.

I mean, it's the same old story with Paradox isn't it?  Every game has issues that they seem unwilling or unable to fix, and many of them are considered game-breaking by the playerbase.  I can't be arsed with them any more, there are plenty more games to play.

Jarhead0331

Not sure where all the paradox rage is coming from, Huw. Their games, for the most part, are uniformly awesome (note: awesome is not the same as perfect), including Stellaris. Its cool if you don't like the game, that's a personal preference, but there is absolutely nothing inherently wrong with it as you are suggesting. In fact, I think since you've already conceded that you don't even remember what you didn't like about it, you should go play it and give it another chance. If you still think it sucks, at least you'll be able to tell us why. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Huw the Poo

I did mention a few issues upthread Jarhead, I merely said I'd be more concrete about them if I'd played it recently.  I'd probably remember a lot more issues, too.

Yes, I'm willing to admit they may have been fixed by now (I remain skeptical about that), but as I said, I got fed up of being disappointed by patch after patch and eventually deleted it.  Like I said, there are plenty more games to play.  I doubt I'll ever install Stellaris again.