Wargamer no longer owned by Slitherine

Started by Jarhead0331, February 13, 2018, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: mirth on February 13, 2018, 03:52:26 PM
I stopped checking that site years ago.

Same.

Hard to swallow reviews about Slitherine games (and non-slitherine games) from a site thats owned by Slitherine.

Gusington

I'll go over to Network N daily to get virtually punched in the face by Lava.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on February 13, 2018, 05:21:11 PM
Quote from: mirth on February 13, 2018, 03:52:26 PM
I stopped checking that site years ago.

Same.

Hard to swallow reviews about Slitherine games (and non-slitherine games) from a site thats owned by Slitherine.
+1
I hope a new owner will rejuvenate the website and result in non-partisan reviews.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

airboy

Quote from: Gusington on February 13, 2018, 07:27:15 PM
I'll go over to Network N daily to get virtually punched in the face by Lava.

When there are no mods, or the mods turn to the dark side, there is no return to civility.

Gusington

Lava originally punched me in the face (virtually) when I was a mod there!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Crossroads

From their announcement:

QuoteNow we can spread the good word and teach them that PUBG is just a phase that they need to get over. Gary Grigsby's War in the East, anyone?

I love them already  :smitten:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

SirAndrewD

I never had 1000 posts there.

Here, on the other hand...

Wait...

Oh no....
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

HoodedHorseJoe

You know it's still me right? :P

But thanks - it's very exciting. If you guys play a lot of PC games then maybe you've heard of PCGamesN? It's like a really big pc gaming website (although they don't do much wargame stuff). Network N is just their corporate identity, but it's all the same people pretty much.

Yeah, I understand why people were uncomfortable with the Slitherine ownership. If it makes you feel better nothing went live on my watch that I fundamentally didn't believe to be true. If push had ever come to that kind of shove I would gladly have died on that hill, because it was important to play this gig as straight as I could, given the context.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: WargamerJoe on February 14, 2018, 04:46:20 AMIf push had ever come to that kind of shove I would gladly have died on that hill, because it was important to play this gig as straight as I could, given the context.

You would not have been the first under that ownership
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Destraex

I wonder if this will be like homeworld... the exiles returning... well I don't think so.
But still a bit of nostalgia for that place, back in the close combat days.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Ubercat

Wargamer pretty much died for me when I learned that the previous owner had deleted Longblade's Battlefield Academy review for not being glowing. It's good to know that they likely now belong to someone less underhanded.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

BanzaiCat

Michael Dorosh

Does this mean Curtis Szmania is coming back?

His departure was most memorable...

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs