The Ritual (Netflix)

Started by Nefaro, February 12, 2018, 05:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Great creepy monster flick.  On Netflix right now.

Enjoyed!   :bd:   <:-)

Sir Slash

Even scarier, it's Britain so you can't have a gun to shoot the monsters.  :-"  Looks like there needs to be more victims. Four is not enough people to kill-off for a real monster to develop it's true terror cred.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

If you guys like this I HIGHLY recommend picking up the book by Adam Neville, he is one of my favorite horror writers. Can't wait to watch this - stoked that it came out, I never even knew it was being made.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 12, 2018, 11:55:56 AM
Even scarier, it's Britain so you can't have a gun to shoot the monsters.  :-" 

Sweden, actually.

So, TROLLHUNTER!!  :D (Not really. More like the Blair Wickerman Project.  O0 With a side of Avengers, for reasons I won't spoil the connection to.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Blair Wickerman Project!!

Jenius.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Trollhunter was...interesting.

I saw this (The Ritual) pop up some time ago...I'll give it a go soon.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I had watched about 20 seconds of the trailer before I was interrupted, but couldn't tell if it was some bro-bonding movie or a horror flick.

Gusington

The book was both. If you like druidic monster type horror, you will like the book.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

The film's trailer looks a lot like Blair Witch, which is reasonable as a marketing tool, but it cuts waaaaay deeper than that. I really don't want to spoil things.

(And no, it isn't Bigfoot, the probable inspiration for Nordic trolls.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

SHHHH!! You had me at Blair Wickerman Project.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on February 13, 2018, 08:59:20 AM
Read some Adam Neville!

Ok! I just nabbed two of his kindle novels. My list of unread books isn't quite as large as my list of unplayed Steam games, so there is hope!

Gusington

One of those books should be Banquet for the Damned.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: Nefaro on February 12, 2018, 05:02:56 AM
Great creepy monster flick.  On Netflix right now.

Enjoyed!   :bd:   <:-)

Ok, that looks scary as fu.....frack.

And I nabbed Banquet for the Damned and Lost Girl. If I like those two, the rest of his works look interesting as well.

Sir Slash

Going camping with those 4 schoolgirls would be more frightening than the monster to me. Unless it was a Xenomorph Vampire with AIDS.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.